AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,000 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The Product Engineer, Fertilizer Products will manage all technical aspects of the complete fertilizer product line. Responsibilities include new product development, existing product improvement and support of manufacturing, sales, and marketing. The position will leverage AGI’s manufacturing capabilities and incorporate design elements to control costs.
This role will report directly to the Product Design Manager, Processing, and collaborate with the Global Product Management team to execute product strategies, product roadmaps and manage the product development process for the flow products product line. The role will also support the Regional Sales Execution Team and will engage directly with the ETO order-fulfilment process and RSE application engineering.
- Actively collaborate with the Global Product Management Team, Global Engineering Team and Regional Sales Team and participates in the development of the product strategy and road map
- Responsible for product development projects and product engineering maintenance
- Responsible for integrity, reliability, competitiveness of the product family, as measured by product cost, features & benefits, and market needs within the competitive landscape
- Responsible for engineering development of product variants to meet the appropriate platform (seed, fertilizer, grain, feed and food) and regional market requirements
- Understand and leverage design and manufacturing capabilities and costs
- Generate all documentation and training material relevant to the product family
- Develop application tools for chain conveyor design and quoting
- Provide leadership to product engineers and designers
- Provide technical support & materials to sales and marketing teams
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) – required
- 2+ years relevant experience in product management and/or product design specific to fertilizer products. Product innovation and development background and agricultural sector backgrounds are assets.
- MS Office Proficiency (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Teams)
- Experience with AutoCAD and 3D modeling (SolidWorks and/or Inventor preferred)
- Exposure to various CAE methods (FEA, CFD, MBD, etc.)
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Prioritize and Manage Time
- Superior Technical Aptitude
- Strong Business Analysis capabilities
- Strong Project Management Capabilities
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Effective collaborator across functional disciplines
- Able to influence without direct reporting authority
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving environment
- Experience operating within a matrix organization
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.