AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
As the Safety and Training Coordinator, you will plan, coordinate, and implement organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. You will also be responsible for deployment of the training program.
The role will report directly to the Plant Manager and work in close coordination with teams all over the organization.
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and support the training needs for the plant.
- Responsible for maintaining the training program for the plant in accordance with our training procedures.
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspect organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Provide information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Compile and submit accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Prepare and arrange safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Responsible for monitoring DOT efforts for the facility.
- Maintain safety files and records and supports the maintenance of plant training records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) or related work experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- General Manufacturing Knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.