AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
Rosenort, MB – Westfield is the leading North America manufacturer of portable grain augers. Established in 1950, Westfield produces an extensive line of grain augers and bin unloading equipment. As part of our success, we need the best and most talented employees in the world.
As the Westfield Industries Accounting / Financial Analyst, you will assist with the accounting and finance functions for the division. The Analyst supports the Divisional Controller with planning, coordinating, and managing day-to-day financial, accounting, costing, budgeting, forecasting and office administration. This position will be focused on production costs, analyzing margins, assist with customer pricing and material costs. In addition to day-to-day cost analysis, the Analyst will-closely monitor capex and other projects as directed by the Divisional Controller and General Manager.
Including, but not limited to the following:
- Perform margin analysis by part / product line / customer as required and make suggestions forimprovement in all areas.
- Assist with Evaluating price lists and sales programs for existing and upcoming seasons
- Review and analyze quotes, sales orders, approve customer invoices and customer payments,and perform collection activities.
- Review and analyze purchase orders, receiving of goods and vendor invoices
- Review and analyze job orders, inventory transactions, and ensure controls over inventory / asset management are in place and effective, including participating in inventory counts and periodic capital asset reviews and reconciliations with fixed asset system.
- Evaluate make vs buy production decisions and buy vs lease capex decisions.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the monthly financial statements.
- Analyze and participate in preparation of budgets and forecasts pertaining to cash flows, operating/divisional performance, and capex throughout the year.
- Perform scenario analysis on the above budgets/forecasts to determine impact of varying inputs such as customer pricing and input costs
- Perform variance analysis of results compared to budget, prior year, and regular forecasts – on a summary and detailed level. Make suggestions for improvement and corrective action
- Cooperate with all areas within the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department and company objectives are met.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance. Preference to those with a CPA designation.
- 3 + years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
- ERP manufacturing software knowledge required
- Experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members.
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft office essential.
- Experience with or exposure to Salesforce (or like CRM) and consolidation software would be considered a definite asset
- Ability to prepare, review and maintain all accounting functions.
- Ability to plan, assign and evaluate job tasks.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Analytical thinking and ability to pay attention to detail.
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.