AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for production costing, margin analysis, assist with customer pricing and material costing. In addition to daily costing analysis, the Financial Analyst will closely monitor capex and other projects as directed by the General Manager.
We are currently a dynamic team of 5 from varied backgrounds. We collaborate closely with the Customer Experience team as well as the entire AGI- Swift Current Leadership Team. The Financial Analyst will report directly to the General Manager.
- Perform margin analysis by part / product line / customer as required and make suggestions for improvement in all areas.
- Assist with price list and sales program evaluations for current and upcoming seasons
- Review and analyze quotes, sales orders, approve customer invoices and customer payments, and perform collection activities.
- Review and analyze purchase orders, receiving of goods and vendor invoices
- Review and analyze job orders, inventory transactions and ensure controls over inventory / asset management are in place and effective, including participating in inventory counts and periodic capital asset reviews and reconciliations with fixed asset system.
- Evaluate make vs buy production decisions and buy vs lease capex decisions.
- Prepare supporting schedules for the monthly financial statements.
- Analyze and participate in preparation of budgets and forecasts pertaining to cash flows, operating/divisional performance and capex throughout the year.
- Perform scenario analysis on the above budgets/forecasts to determine impact of varying inputs such as customer pricing and input costs
- Perform variance analysis of results compared to budget, prior year, and regular forecasts – on a summary and detailed level. Make suggestions for improvement and corrective action
- Maintain confidentiality pertaining to all aspects of team member and company matters.
- Cooperate with all areas within the division and other areas of the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department, division and company objectives are met.
- Post-secondary education in the area of accounting or finance. Preference to those with an accounting designation or comparable experience.
- 2 + years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
- ERP manufacturing and statement consolidation software knowledge required
- Past experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members.
- A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
- Proficient with Microsoft office essential.
- Experience with or exposure to Salesforce (or like CRM) and consolidation software would be considered a definite asset
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.