AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI’s Food Platform provides global manufacturing, design, engineering, service and installation capabilities that leverage our current product lines and offer turn-key systems capabilities to global food processors. Across multiple continents, from North America to Europe to India, AGI strives to develop new products and provide the highest level of service to our customers.
The Senior Mechanical Designer will support a team of Project Managers and Engineers with the preparation of design packages and manufacturing drawings for clients in the food and beverage industries. A solid understanding of Plant Layout, Equipment, Structural Mechanical and Piping Design/Drafting techniques and engineering terminology is required. The successful applicant will have a design/drafting background and specialize in 2D & 3D AutoCAD, Solidworks, Revit, and BIM 360.
As a part of a highly dynamic and collaborative Engineering team, the Senior Mechanical Designer will work closely with other engineers, project mangers, suppliers, installers and construction teams.
- 3D modelling for Equipment, Piping, Support Structures, Electrical Cable trays and conduits.
- Coordinate the 3D laser scanning activities and incorporating point cloud data into 3D models for clash detection, interferences, etc.
- Create accurate design and manufacturing technical drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks design software including:
- Equipment Layouts
- CNC Patterns
- Skid Fabrication Drawings
- Machine Guarding Drawings
- Field Piping Layouts
- Field measurements at customer facilities
- Develop and prepare engineering and architectural drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data
- Review and approve vendor equipment approval drawings
- Incorporate vendor equipment drawings into 3D models and 2D drawings
- Provide design recommendations to meet client needs
- Provide technical support to the team and clients
- Prepare related technical information and produce documents such as fabrication assembly drawings, detailed manufacturing listings, bills of materials and production work packages
- Manage project information which includes electronic and hard copy files/documents
- Execute Engineering Change Control procedures including preparation and maintenance of field changes, files and records
- Serve as a contact for vendors, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Degree in Engineering, or Diploma in Engineering / Design Technology or equivalent
- 5-10 years + previous 3D and 2D plant equipment design/drafting experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary (ideally in Food and Beverage production, pet/animal feed, and material handling environment)
- SolidWorks 3D modelling
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2D
- Autodesk Revit 3D modeling
- Autodesk BIM 360 experience is an asset
- Must be well organized, self-motivated capable of working independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and management skills will be needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; working knowledge of MS Project would be an asset but not necessary
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required to effectively manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- A valid Ontario driver’s license - up to 10 to 20% travel throughout North America may be required to support and service our clients
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.