AGI Solutions provides on-farm and commercial grain handling and storage solutions for today’s agricultural industry and operates a full-service agricultural equipment construction and service company based in Swift Current, SK.
Reporting to AGI Service Manager, the Millwright Service Technician - Industrial Mechanic reviews service schedule, assesses and trouble shoots customer equipment issues, determines and orders required parts/equipment, participates in new equipment installations, and performs maintenance inspections/audits. Travel is required within AB, SK & MB to provide maintenance/ installation service to a broad range of customers in the Agriculture Industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team with an Electrical Service Technician
- Provide diagnosis and repair of customer equipment issues based on schedule
- Interfaces with clients, subcontractors, vendors and management.
- Plans, coordinates and executes service orders based on schedule.
- Provides insight to clients on most cost-effective best practice maintenance on customer equipment.
- Is proficient or willing to train in applicable crane and rigging, aerial work, and welding.
- Utilizes their experience as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) in the agricultural equipment service field to ensure proper maintenance parameters are in place and followed.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Journeyperson certification or equivalent as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- At least 3 years experience in the Agriculture Industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at reading blueprints and technical drawings
- Outstanding troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Team player mentality but able to work independently if required
- Supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and other applications
- Ability to travel within a 300-400 km radius from home base and work outdoors year-round
- Basic knowledge of electrical is an asset, bot not required
- Valid driver’s licence
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.