We offer galvanized corrugated silos and material handling equipment for grain storage, as well as reduce breakage and waste, and protect against pests, rats, and rodents. The capacity of galvanized silos range from 50 MT to 15000 MT.
Our turnkey services include designing the most economical silo system to suit the site conditions, as well as silo erection and supervision.
Why AGI Milltec Grain Silos?
Wastage of grains during storage amounts to 65 mt/year.
Net Losses assuming 3000 MT storage capacity in the godown
- Spillage losses – 1% => 3000 MT x 1% = 30 MT
- Cost of 1MT of Paddy ~ Rs. 15,000
- Spillage Losses = 15,000 x 30 = Rs. 4.5Lacs/annum
- Labor charges (approx.) – Rs.75/ton
- 3, 000 MT x 75 = 2.25 Lacs/annum
- Insect infestation & mould development 0.5%
- 5% of 3,000 MT = 15 MT
- Losses = 15 MT x Rs. 15,000/MT = 2.25 Lacs/annum
- Rodent attacks – 1% = 3,000 x 1% = 30 MT
- 15, 000 x 30 = Rs. 4.5 Lacs/annum
Total losses/annum = 5 + 2.25 + 2.25 + 4.5 = 13.5 Lacs/annum = 67mt of paddy
Conventional storage problems
- Labour intensive
- Moisture loss due to heavy exposure
- Difficult to stack and un-stack
- Insect attack
- Mould development
- Rodent attack