Electrical Service Technician
AGI Solutions provides on-farm and commercial grain handling and storage solutions for today’s agricultural industry and operates a full-service agricultural equipment construction and service company based in Saskatoon, SK.
Reporting to AGI Service Manager, the Electrical Service Technician reviews service schedule, assesses and trouble shoots customer equipment issues, determines and orders required parts/equipment, participates in new equipment installations, and performs maintenance inspections/audits. Travel is required within AB, SK & MB to provide maintenance/ installation service to a broad range of customers in the Agriculture Industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a team with a Millwright Service Technician
- Provide diagnosis and repair of customer equipment issues based on schedule
- Interfaces with clients, subcontractors, vendors and management.
- Plans, coordinates and executes service orders based on schedule.
- Provides insight to clients on most cost-effective best practice maintenance on customer equipment
- Utilizes their experience as an electrician in the agricultural equipment service field to ensure proper maintenance parameters are in place and followed.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical Red Seal Journeyperson certification
- Extensive knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code
- Proficient at reading blueprints and technical drawings
- Outstanding troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Team player mentality but able to work independently if required
- Supervisory experience
- At least 3 years experience in the Agriculture Industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and other applications
- Ability to travel within a 300-400 km radius from home base and work outdoors year-round
- Valid driver’s licence
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.