Ag Growth International (AGI) Engineering Services provides project management, engineering, and construction support to customers and the 35 AGI brands in the farm and commercial global agriculture industry in the Seed, Fertilizer, Grain, Feed, and Food platforms.
The Design Technician/Technologist prepares and completes process flow diagrams, general arrangement drawings, and 3D models utilizing various CAD software that are then provided to the salespersons/clients for review/approval.
The Design Technician/Technologist will also provide support to divisions of AGI and Engineering Services Team (Project Managers, Design Technicians, and Management) as required. Primary tasks will be the development and implementation of standards for AGI using modeling software platforms including Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Fusion 360, Revit, Advance Steel, and SolidWorks.
- Prepares and completes process flow diagrams and general arrangement drawings of AGI equipment for customers’ green fields or expansions of existing properties.
- Produces 3D models of site designs, structural and machinery components and assemblies.
- Examine drawings from clients and/or divisions for conformity and errors.
- Work within the pre-approval process of divisional drawings before providing to client for sign off by incorporating divisional approval equipment blocks into the general arrangement drawings and checking for conflicts.
- Create equipment take off lists using Excel spreadsheet template based off process flow diagrams.
- Develop standardized systems for modeling software platforms.
- Create equipment take off lists using Excel spreadsheet template based off process flow diagrams, adding construction specifications, costs and material estimates.
- Obtain and provide quotes for various structural/machinery components.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of AGI product configurations in various modeling software platforms.
- Utilize modeling software to develop designs pursuant to specifications.
- Communicate with salespersons, project stakeholders, project managers, and other design technicians/technologists in the design review to ensure business requirements and required changes are being accurately implemented.
- Manage, organize, maintain, and work with drawings and block files within the Vault and AutoCAD block library.
- Maintain file organization structure and participate in developing and maintaining project task boards (JIRA) and SharePoint sites.
- Drive continuous improvement in AGI’s CAD activities by reporting on usability and best practices discovered during work.
- Attend weekly meetings to discuss project systems, resolve and explain product design procedure and requirements.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge/understanding of various modeling/design software including Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Fusion 360, Revit, Advance Steel, SolidWorks, and PDM Vault.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office 365 software including Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Speak, write, and present in a professional manner.
- Understand and interpret client provided materials such as blueprints, photos, and sketches.
- Understand instructions and take initiative.
- Organized and attentive to detail.
- Work well independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to manage and prioritized tasks to meet deadlines.