Living within the territory and reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Representative (TSR) for the North Central Saskatchewan territory will be responsible for representing and growing the entire AGI catalogue within the assigned geography. The main function of the role is to grow sales and revenues among the AGI dealer network, and build long term, profitable relationships with the dealer representatives and key farmer customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a part of the AGI Sales and Marketing team the Territory Sales Representative will assume primary responsibility for executing the following goals and tasks including:
- Through the budgeting process and under the guidance of the Regional Sales Manager and the involvement of the AGI leadership team, the Territory Sales Representative will participate in the development of a dealer customer based sales plan that will root the territory sales and growth objectives.
- Represents and markets AGI products and nurtures the business relationship with current AGI dealers and key farmer customers. Ensures strong, continued business from AGI’s established dealer network and seeks to identify opportunities within his/her designated market area.
- Conducts dealer sales meetings and provides training to dealer personnel on all AGI products.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with dealers so as to maximize market penetration of all AGI products. Establishes a detailed retail call program and development of written proposals to take advantage of all opportunities within a designated market area.
- Manages dealer business relationships through the development and implementation of dealer business plans, sales tactics and inventory management reports.
- Represents AGI at regional trade shows and conventions. Provides support to management by representing the company in his/her respective market area by providing a strong presence in business, social and community affairs.
- Assists the Credit Department with collections/repossessions as required. Maintains carry-over of inventory at acceptable levels.
- Maintains a broad product background and complete knowledge of AGI products; as well as corresponding competitive products and offers.
- Supports the AGI administrative and operational staff as they pursue their specific goals – in other words be a team player. In the critical times of the year this will involve assisting Warehouses with various duties and well AGI initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a sales capacity.
- Strong business and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to determine and provide fact-based solutions for customers.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Well organized.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Territory management experience.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Background in Agriculture and experience in farm equipment sales is key, but not mandatory.