AGI is a global food infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
Through a comprehensive network of knowledgeable and highly skilled dealers, distributors and strategically located warehouse facilities, AGI serves both domestic and international customers. AGI takes a collaborative approach across product offerings that considers all stakeholder requirements to satisfy the unique needs of our customers.
AGI is in search of a new Territory Sales Representative that will work remotely and travel across a dedicated Midwest region. This role will be charged with developing and prospecting long term, profitable customer relationships. A highly, intrinsically motivated Territory Representative will be encouraged to provide deep product expertise and sales assistance to customers across AGI’s product lines while also listening to their needs and ensuring that solutions are offered, sold and followed through with.
The Territory Sales Representative is based remotely and will travel through an assigned Midwest region. The Territory Sales Representative reports to the Director of Sales for AGI’s Grain segment and in turn works with a dynamic team of Sales Representatives covering territories throughout the US. Together they will work collectively with customers, dealers and other Territory Representatives across AGI to meet the growing needs of our customers.
The Territory Sales Representative will develop and execute strategic sales plans to promote customer satisfaction and continued growth. More specifically, the Territory Sales Representative will:
- Build an account base by demonstrating products, services, and technical product solutions
- Effectively manage a territory and maximizes business potential. Drives new customer business through networking, referrals, and cold calling. Conducts sales presentations and product demonstrations to contractors and direct customers.
- Enters all Customer Opportunities into SalesForce and actively manages and maintains Opportunity status.
- Collect customer requirements to quote Request for Proposals from customers including drawings, specifications and contract terms. Facilitate communications between AGI Quote Team and end-users to insure accurate cost estimating.
- Works with internal departments and/or divisions to solve problems and develop solutions for customer accounts.
- Strategizes with management to locate and maximize sales opportunities. Develops strategies and provides feedback to ensure we remain competitive in the market. Gathers and shares competitive information with appropriate internal departments.
- Executes sales strategy within existing territory to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals.
- Assists with customer retention by being aware of competitive situations and meeting with the customers.
- Builds relationships with customer decision makers and provide extraordinary customer service.
- Ensures sales and retention goals for all products are met. Sources and manages distribution channels as needed.
Candidates for the Regional Sales Representative will:
- Possess sales and business acumen, ideally coupled with an Ag Business, Economics, Marketing or related degree, or equivalent commensurate experience.
- Have two to four years of demonstrated sales or customer service achievements preferably in the Ag Industry.
- Grain Handling industry experience and technical knowledge of grain storage and handling preferred.
- Have solid sales and marketing capabilities, with a good understanding of market segmentation, product line profitability analysis, and new product development.
- Have a proven history of managing a complex technical product line
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Have superior customer relationship skills, including active listening.
- Travel required 60-70% of the time within the region.
The Personal Characteristics
The Territory Sales Representative will be characterized by the following traits:
- Results Oriented – is focused on results with a high sense of urgency and attention to detail, zeroing in on the issues and pushing themselves to get the job done.
- Passionate & Energetic – is a self-starter with a high level of engagement with an enthusiasm for the business.
- Customer Focused – passionately committed to delighting the customer, exceeding their expectations and creating win-win agreements between the company and the customer.
- Fluid & Flexible – able to adapt to changing business conditions with ease and effectiveness.
- Trust Building – takes time to get to know the organization, invests in relationships and keeps commitments in order to build mutual trust.
- Courageous – willing to make the tough call for the sake of what’s best for the business and not afraid to drive needed change even when resistance is strong. Comfortable offering fresh perspectives from an outside point of view.
- Creative/Innovative – enjoys confronting challenges and exploring opportunities and can think differently about solutions and courses of action. Sees things from multiple angles and can identify new revenue streams and opportunities for increased profitability.
- Risk Taking – will move the business beyond its comfort zone when the facts indicate that it is the right thing to do.
- Intellectually Agile – possesses intellectual agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex business issues, and is able to engage effectively on a broad range of topics.
Ideally, candidates will be comfortable, through either professional or personal experience, working in the agricultural market segment, but this is most certainly not a requirement.
AGI provides a competitive pay and benefit package, including Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Match, 401K and employer contribution, company provided vehicle, and variable compensation plan.
How to Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.