AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain, and feed systems, and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting-edge solutions that leverage IoT-enabled devices, sensor technology, and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real-time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain-based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers, and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for expanding our dealer and direct sales Digital Ag footprint by achieving sales targets, managing customer accounts, generating product demand, and providing technical sales support for our dealers and end users daily. The Technical Sales Manager will have a proven ability to lead through influence in a complex matrix environment. The Technical Sales Manager will work collaboratively across the organization as a major contributor/leader among peer groups and will build a diverse team of industry influencers that reflects the marketplace; lives AGI’s Digital Ag values and is accountable for dealer & direct growth through sales and effective leadership.
The Technical Sales Manager will report directly to Regional Sales Director or the Digital Ag Sales Director. This critical role will work closely with the US Farm GSS and Portable Sales Managers as well as our Dealer Development Director to champion and build a dealer and direct sales strategy that is focused on business growth while sustaining AGI Digital strong customer focus.
- Builds and implements a strategy to grow AGI’s Digital Ag dealer/direct partnerships while supporting the platforms and profitability.
- Responsible for strategically achieving sales targets and objectives
- Delivers technical support on integrated solutions to dealers and end-users. Delivers specific support on integrated crop solutions to key growers directly and/or indirectly through partnerships with dealers and other industry influencers.
- Responsible for first-level dealer staff training on AGI Digital solutions
- Aligns sales objectives with AGI Digital Ag dealer business strategy through active participation in dealer development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting
- Optimizes new and existing revenue opportunities across AGI’s Digital Ag and all AGI product lines
- Grows and strengthens AGI’s Digital Ag relationships with dealer and Industry partners
- Engages dealers proactively with regular strategy calls to cultivate a deep awareness of their needs, challenges, and goals.
- Coordinates efforts between AGI Digital Ag dealers, GSS partners and internal partners such as engineering, sales, training and production teams to improve and grow the business.
- Liaison and advocate for interfacing partnerships ensuring exposure and support is focused on dealers & end users.
- Coordinates third party activity to maximize the effectiveness for AGI Digital Ag systems.
- Assists in coordinating dealer support for training, conferences, grain schools, trade shows, and team activities.
- Fosters meaningful relationships across all partnership networks, connecting and building rapport with key business executives and decision makers.
- Develop solutions that best addresses the needs of the dealer & direct network, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver frequent communication to key stakeholders to garner support and drive adoption on any product or platform enhancements.
- Supports the GSS Manager with their dealer network to hit assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives
- Manages market aligned to performance metrics through the sales management system
- Manages performance through KPI’s; assists in ensuring dealer activity meets objectives and is accountable to meeting sales goals.
- Recommends to the AGI senior team new sales and marketing programs.
- Enforces, within the context of reasonableness, the terms and conditions of sales and marketing programs.
- Recommends to and assists the AGI senior team with the analysis of new product lines.
- Controls relevant expenses to the extent of approved budget.
- Recommends acceptable levels of exposure on individual dealer & direct accounts.
Other Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborates across dealer & partnership networks to conduct seminars, grain schools, and prepare presentations for dealership teams.
- Works with dealers & partners to display AGI Digital Ag products at trade shows and other sponsor programs maximizing marketing and trade show revenue
- Organizes and executes field demos, promotional activities, trade shows, and other marketing activities
- Collects market information on dealers & partners, retail locations, growers, prices, trends, etc. through sales management system
- Negotiates terms and conditions of marketing and conference support agreements and closes business deals.
- Ensures End User and Dealer development and growth for AGI Digital Ag products.
- Achieve sales goals by product and region as set out in the annual budget.
- Maintain positive and productive relations with potential and existing customers and other industry contacts.
- Compiles, analyzes, and communicates dealer, direct and partnership statistics.
- Monitors dealer accounts and assists with collections.
- Assists with AGI trade shows, coordinating with all business units and AGI Sales / Marketing
- Evaluates dealer effectiveness by product lines, accounts and recommends improvements.
- Gathers competitive intelligence for strategic analysis.
- Fosters a culture of accountability, high-performance, and ethical behavior
- Stays informed of current industry trends and new business development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Post Secondary Degree preferred in business, engineering, agriculture or ag related field or equivalent commensurate experience
Experience: 5+ years relevant experience in agriculture sales, dealer sales, or technical account management. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to travel as required in meeting essential duties and responsibilities. 60%-70%
- Valid state Driver’s License required.
- A high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals.
- Ability to manage and develop the business relationships of existing and new AGI dealer accounts.
- A proven track record that shows a strong ability to work with dealer channels to meet or exceed assigned objectives
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of CMC/AGI Suretrack products
- Experience with meeting revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability to grow relationships and expand product platform footprints.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to administer multiple projects, prioritize workload and effectively manage resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to prepare product presentation materials and articulate technical information in a polite, confident, relationship building way.
- Ability to communicate technical product information to dealers, customers, growers, and agronomists.
- Some evening or weekend work as required by dealer demands and/or seasonality typical to agriculture
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are advantageous
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Superior Business Analysis and Project Management Capabilities
- Experience operating within a matrix organization
- Effective collaborator across functional disciplines
- Ability to enforce, within the context of reasonableness, the terms and conditions of dealer sales and marketing programs.
- Ability to recommend to and assist the AGI team with the analysis of new product lines and acquisition opportunities
- Ability to control relevant expenses to the extent of approved budget.
- Ability to recommend acceptable levels of exposure on dealer accounts.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving environment
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred understanding of Salesforce data system and other IT systems
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.