AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI is in search of a new Salesman I and will have various responsibilities focused mainly on the growth of Businesses in the FARM grain segment of the Mexican Territory.
The Salesman I will be under the direct supervision of the commercial account executive of the territory, and an interdisciplinary support team.
- Promote AGI products from the FARM grain segment in the Mexican territory, visiting grain producers, cooperatives, grain logistics companies, agricultural fairs, established customers, databases lists, referred customers and contacts generated on the web.
- Create a base of accounts for equipment, services, and technical solutions for FARM grain segment in the Mexican territory, performing sales presentations and product demonstrations to end users and support of independent agents or sales partners in the territory.
- Execute strategies with management to locate and maximize sales opportunities, providing relevant feedback from the competitors, to ensure we remain competitive in the market, and propose changes in customer management, marketing campaigns, sales, and any other relevant elements for continuous improvement.
- Execute the territory's sales strategy to meet revenue targets (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), new accounts, customer retention, sales channels, agents and any goals outlined in the sales strategy.
- Effectively manage a territory and maximize commercial potential, in the creation and maintenance of sales channels and/or independent vendors, generating reports and planning the best strategies to apply in the territory.
- Generate/supervise the proposals to clients and keep updated the status of the opportunities, projections, and any relevant information for the sale in the CRM or AGI's information management programs.
- Facilitate communications between AGI's quoting team and end users to ensure accurate cost estimates.
- Sale of spare parts in the FARM grain line and Commercial areas.
- Make an itinerary of weekly/monthly visits, together with the superior and the visit reports, project progress, sales, etc.
- Responsible for the development of the project on site, as a support to the sales manager / project manager / support team / engineering.
- Collect client requirements for quoting client RFQ’s, including drawings, specifications, and contract terms (where required).
- Work with internal departments and/or divisions to resolve problems and develop solutions for customer accounts.
- Collaborate with the equipment logistics.
- Support customers/agents in receiving equipment and intervene if necessary (inconsistencies, local repairs, non-conforming products, local spare parts).
- After-sale visits to support end users in the correct use of equipment, its maintenance and monitoring of the delivery of manuals, packing lists, etc.
- Generate expense / cost reports.
- Responsible for the vehicle (supplied strictly for professional use), as well as for damages caused by misuse, accidents on their own responsibility and sanctions derived from non-compliance with current traffic legislation.
- Perform other tasks related to those described above, at the discretion of their immediate superior.
- Have experience in sales and business, ideally related to Agricultural Business, Agronomy, Crops, Agricultural Machinery or Fertilization, Economy, or a related area, or experience in the agricultural or livestock sector.
- Have two to four years of demonstrated achievement in sales or customer service, preferably in the Agricultural Industry.
- Grain handling industry experience and technical knowledge of grain storage and handling preferred.
- Have strong sales and marketing skills, with a good understanding of market segmentation, product line profitability analysis, and new product development.
- Have a proven track record of managing a complex technical product line
- Be well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Have superior customer relationship skills, including active listening.
- Travel required 60-70% of the time within the Territory.
- English, intermediate level preferably. (Not limiting).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.