Reporting to the Senior Director, the Commercial Products Manager - Smoothwall works closely with Sales, manages priorities with Engineering and coordinates with Customer Service while developing relationships in the farm, commercial, and industrial markets to maintain continuous product line growth. They shepherd sales opportunities from concept to order through to delivery. By sharing ownership of the technical process and holding customer relationships paramount they ensure exceptional fit, form and function for our Smoothwall customers.
Key Job Duties Include:
- Work with Engineering to prepare quotes for commercial opportunities; coordinate modifications and application requirements; communicate with customers to facilitate estimates and tenders, and work internally to ensure accurate, on-time tender completion.
- Develop relationships and manage customer contact throughout the ordering, quoting, and delivery processes.
- Coordinate the flow of information from sales representatives through the internal business and to external customers.
- Coordinate with Engineering in the process to approve drawings, including obtaining customer sign-off on final drawings and design.
- Provide the sales team with the necessary technical expertise, training and tools to enable them to successfully sell the product.
- Work with Sales to prepare and present proposals and quotations directly to customers.
- Liaise with other AGI divisions to supply complimentary products.
- Represent the voice of the customer when developing tools and providing internal recommendations that will optimize and enhance the Smoothwall product, augment configurations and lead to new product development.
- Gather competitive intelligence for strategic analysis.
Core Competencies Include:
- Outstanding communication abilities, written and verbal, with the ability to communicate in a constructive and positive manner both internally and externally to groups of all sizes.
- Possess the technical knowledge required to take an active role in the bin specification/design process.
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of details and tasks quickly and effectively.
- Good judgment/problem solving ability, along with strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Extreme attention to detail with impeccable accuracy.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
The incumbent will have 7-10 years customer service and/or sales leadership role and possess a strong understanding of the agricultural industry. A post-secondary education in business and/or agriculture is required however, a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Physical Effort: Sitting, computer usage, very minimal to no lifting of heavy objects
- Physical Environment: Office environment with domestic travel; some field work required to liaise with customers in the farm, commercial and industrial markets
- Sensory Attention: Attention to detail
We thank all applicants for their submission; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.