Under the direction of Intellifarms leadership, the Canadian Sales Manager will play a very diverse role with responsibilities specifically focused at growing AGI’s business in the assigned territory.
- A University or College degree in business administration, international sales and marketing or equivalent industry experience.
- A mechanical or technical engineering background or aptitude.
- An effective communicator, leader and facilitator with the ability to deal with a wide range of people, personalities, & cultures. (internal and external customers,
- Able to communicate effectively in an ag tech business setting is a must with Agricultural producer, sales, and / or equipment manufacturing experience.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills (ability to analyze the market opportunities and effectively create solutions to engage and capitalize on them)
- Ability to travel domestically and occasional internationally over 120 days per year or as required to perform the responsibilities of the position.
Sales, Marketing & Business Development:
- Serve as primary representative responsible for all ag tech marketing materials and tradeshows, etc.
- Possess a sense of urgency to recognize sales leads and pursue them to completion.
- Submit weekly sales and progress reports
- Review quote log monthly and communicate high-likelihood sales opportunities
- Conduct primary and secondary market research for business development, planning and movement into new markets.
- Analyze markets to identify key players and competitors and how Ag Growth can capitalize on opportunities in each of the regional markets.
- Make contact with new potential customers to advise them of AGI’s products and services. Facilitate quotations for these customers by acting as liaison between the factory sales teams and customers.
- International travel to meet customers and tradeshows as required.
Coordinate & Facilitate Regular Correspondence within the ag tech equipment distributor group:
- Remain in regular contact with distributors and agents to facilitate transactions, remain current with ag tech market conditions and the communication of existing and new marketing programs.
- Communicate order status updates with customers & distributors.
- Provide and solicit information on new product development and promotional goods, etc.
- Liaise with customers to keep accounts current.
Project & Logistics Coordination:
- Work with sales coordinator, logistics department and manufacturing facilities to coordinate shipments.
- Keep clients up to date with delivery schedules and product orientation/training.
Serve as Central Coordinator for AGI & Intellifarms on Canadian customer feedback:
- Current product effectiveness.
- Provide input on research & development opportunities from sensor development to monitoring and control systems and product lifecycle management.
- Navigation of warranty issues.
- Accompany incoming international delegations for production demonstrations when required & assist with facilitating visits of interest.
Other duties as assigned.
We provide a competitive compensation including benefits, health spending account, retirement, gym, personal development and other programs.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.