Under the direction of a Project Manager, leads and manages skilled labor and work crews engaged in all job duties concerned with the millwright activities of the project ranging from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience supervising skilled trades and other members of a project team as they execute on-site project activities, scheduling and reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to successfully interact with employees and clients professionally
- OSHA 30, Welding Certifications, Aerial Lift License, Forklift License, First Aid/AED licenses preferred
- Experience working in heavy industrial and construction environments
- Experience with the safe operation of forklifts, aerial lifts, other heavy equipment and able to work at heights
- Safely operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and lifts to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Detail oriented to ensure all paperwork, receipts and timesheets are complete, accurate and submitted on a timely basis
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe worksite and follow DOT regulations applicable to Mitchell Mill Systems
- Willing to travel sometimes for extended periods
- Ensure compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures and contractual commitments with the bound of all applicable policies
- Leads and controls skilled labor and work crews engaged in all activities concerned with the millwright activities (rigging, piping, welding, demo/install, etc.) of the project.
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Supervise work performed on systems ranging in difficulty from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems
- Assemble machinery and equipment before installation using hand and power tools and welding
- Adjust, repair or replace defective parts on machinery applicable to job scope
- Install, align, dismantle, rig and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the required work.
- Daily communication with Mitchell Mill Systems Project Manager through completion of job.
- Conduct daily job hazard analysis for each job with the project and ensure all customer required permits are complete prior to starting any work
- Conduct daily toolbox meeting with workforce including all subcontractors.
- This list is to be considered a base line and not all inclusive of tasks that may be required; Mitchell Mill Systems will continue to streamline and update.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work will be outside in changing temperatures and elements as well as inside.
- While performing duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to loud noise exposure; mechanical moving parts; welding operations and vehicle traffic.
Be part of a great team with a terrific employer providing competitive benefits and a 401k... and opportunity to grow your career!
Mitchell Mill Systems
Founded in 1978 Mitchell Mill Systems manufactures equipment for use in feed, grain, pet food, fish food, fertilizer, seed cleaning and industrial facilities. We also fabricate our own line of material handling equipment and specialty systems using light and heavy gauge mild and stainless-steel materials.
Our strongest asset is our proven ability to adapt to our customers' needs and we guarantee the client’s satisfaction.
We supply and install our equipment around the world, and we have installations in Canada, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, England, China, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand and the United States.
Learn more about Mitchell Mill Systems
We are a member company of AGI – Ag Growth Industries - a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment. We believe that strong relationships and quality products are the cornerstones to success – this philosophy guides our work with farmers, grain trader processors and port facilities.
To send your résumé, click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org and note the job you're applying for in the subject line.