Westfield Industries, North America’s largest manufacturer of grain handling equipment and accessories, has an immediate opening for a Full Time Industrial Mechanic / Millwright. Under the direct supervisor of the Facilities Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Design, implement and monitor TPM (preventative maintenance program)
- Facility maintenance & repair
- Machine repair
- Hydraulics repair
- HVAC and air makeup maintenance
- Compressor maintenance
- Installation and maintenance of electrical systems/electronics
- Recondition and repair equipment (forklifts, etc.)
- Maintain and care for shop tools and equipment
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Certified Journeyman Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) recognized by the Province of Manitoba is preferred. A legible copy of the Journey Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) certificate must be submitted with your application.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience at the Journeyman level
- Must be physically capable of performing the routine manual laborer components of the position which include but are not limited to: heavy lifting (up to 100lbs), working with and around large equipment, exposure to all weather conditions, noise, dust and chemical agents used in the mechanical field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of working well in a team setting
- Highly motivated and able to stay focused while working independently
- This position may require an “on-call” work schedule in addition to standard hours of work
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, employer matched pension, shuttle service available from Winnipeg, and opportunities for career advancement.
We thank all applicants in advance, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To send your résumé, click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org and note the job you're applying for in the subject line.