AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
The role is responsible for using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products including galvanized, stainless, and raw steel.
Reporting directly into the Production Supervisor, this role is a part of the Operations team working collaboratively to achieve the set targets.
- Plan work from drawings or specifications or use their knowledge of fluxes and base metals to analyze the parts to be joined.
- Select and set up welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications.
- Examine weld during the welding process, observe problems with the weld and adjust the speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the wire or rod.
- Operate and monitor cutting machines similar to those used by welding machine operators.
- Wear safety shoes, goggles, hoods with protective lenses, and other devices designed to prevent burns and eye injuries and to protect them from falling objects.
- Lift heavy objects and work in a variety of awkward positions, while bending, stooping, or standing to perform work overhead.
- Descale flex cord welds with needle gun.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; 6-12 months related welding/manufacturing experience required.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication and the welding process and the reading and interpretation of mechanical drawings, generally gained in 1-2 years of trades training and 6-18 months related experience or the equivalent.
- General manufacturing knowledge.
- Flexibility – Ability to understand different jobs and to have a willingness to be cross-trained.
- Cooperative – Wants to be a team player and do what is best for the company, their department, and their peers.
- Initiative – Self-starter; ability to work with minimum supervision; looks for new and better ways to do the job; contributes to the work of the department. Meets or exceeds production requirements daily.
- Quality – Accuracy, thoroughness: attention to detail, completeness of work; adequacy of results. Understands the product requirements of the parts being produced and produces product to specification.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to carry out assigned duties without injury to self or others; adhere to safety procedures; maintains orderly work area
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend technical topics, prints, and jobs. Ability to read a print, measure product to specifications.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. Consistently at work on time each and every day.
- 5S Awareness – Understands the facilities 5S guidelines and maintains area daily to meet these standards.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand and frequently required to walk, handle, reach outward, reach above shoulders, squat or kneel, bend, lift/carry up to 50 pounds, and push/pull up to 50 pounds.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.