Position Title: Production Manager
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI-Westeel Winnipeg has offered quality steel storage systems for over a century. AGI-Westeel’s comprehensive catalogue of products includes on-farm and commercial grain handling and storage solutions for today’s agricultural industry, as well as storage and containment systems to meet the needs of the petroleum, water, and industrial sectors.
Reporting to Operations Manager of AGI-Westeel Winnipeg, the Production Manager plans, organizes, and directs the flow of products from raw materials to finished product. This position is responsible for leading the manufacturing, shipping, and maintenance team, while promoting and enforcing a safe work environment for all shop employees.
The Production Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager and is part of a team of ten.
- Ensures the safety of all employees by following, participating in, and enforcing safety rules and regulations
- Assesses manufacturing performance plan and meets all Key Performance Indicators
- Assigns corrective and preventative actions
- Prioritizes production resources
- Authorizes expenditures
- Partners with Human Resources regarding employee and labour relations
- Reviews and reports on manufacturing measurements
- Assesses capacity requirements against planned production
- Reviews inventory levels, material, and labour efficiencies
- Evaluates department goals and employee performance
- Reviews financial reports
- Creates operations budget and helps determine capital projects
- Co-chair of the Health and Safety Committee
- Participates in incident investigations
- Participates in Collective Agreement negotiations
- May be required to work flexible hours as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operations of a manufacturing facility
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing
- Related post-secondary education will be considered an asset
- Must be a self-starter capable of forward planning, delegating, and monitoring the performance of others
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong leadership and ability to lead a diverse workforce
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and practice of Lean manufacturing principles
- Possess an excellent understanding of the total fabrication process of AGI-Westeel products
- Must have diplomacy skills to deal with the multi facets associated with direction and monitoring the fabrication process
What’s In It for You
- A competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Company-matched RRSP program
- Training and development opportunities
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.