AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI-Westeel Winnipeg has offered quality steel storage systems for over a century. AGI-Westeel’s comprehensive catalogue of products includes on-farm and commercial grain handling and storage solutions for today’s agricultural industry, as well as storage and containment systems to meet the needs of the petroleum, water and industrial sectors.
We have open positions as a Press Brake Operator, Automated Roll-Form Machine Operator, Machine Operator, Die Setter, Crane Operator, Forklift Operator, Punch Press Machine Operator, Part Packaging, Product Assembly, & General Labour.
The successful candidate(s) will be part of a unionized team of employees in the plant.
- Observe all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Receive and interpret shop orders, blueprints, and verbal instructions.
- Locate and move material to and from work areas using pallet jacks, forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Manually position material to gauge stops and scribed lines, to punch, notch or form, etc., activating machine by means of foot pedal and/or hand controls.
- Performs several quality checks on parts produced throughout the production run using a caliper, measuring tape, gauges and/or template.
- Report out an accurate count of parts manufactured against lists or shop orders and input into a computer system. Record scrapped production units.
- Affix part numbers to finished parts by means of stickers, tags, or similar.
- Note and report defects in tools, material, and equipment.
- Perform minor machine maintenance and cleaning daily.
- Keep work area, tools and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Be involved in lean manufacturing events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a team player.
- Post-secondary training in metal fabrication is favorable.
- Manufacturing experience is an asset preferably in the metal working industry.
- Able to use measuring tools & interpret blueprints.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
- Overhead crane experience is valuable.
- CNC experience would put you at an advantage.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge is an asset.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to workdays, evenings, overnight and weekends – rotation may be required.
What’s In It For You
- Above-average industry pay
- Excellent benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Defined Contribution pension plan
- Training, development, & advancement opportunities
How To Apply
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.