AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Westeel was established in 1905 and has been a leading producer of grain bins since the late 1920’s. The Saskatoon facility currently manufactures a full line of smoothwall grain and fertilizer storage systems including bins, hoppers, foundations and a full line of bin accessories. The facility boasts five production lines including a fabrication and paint line.
In this role, you will support plant operations in the areas of recruiting, employee relations, employee and organizational development, performance management, occupational health & safety programs, WCB and disability management.
Reporting to the Production manager, you will work closely with the supervisory and management team to assist in human resource and safety functions.
- Complete full cycle recruiting function for hourly and salaried staff positions including creation of job postings, candidate sourcing, completing interviews, and orientation for new employees.
- Lead and support the Health and Safety program by utilizing knowledge of WCB programs, health and safety legislation, and industry best practices
- Create, amend, and enforce company policies utilizing a strong understanding of Employment Standards, Payroll Legislation, industry standards and corporate requirements
- Support employee development and improvement through training, communication, and performance management
- Respond to all employee relations issues within the plant and engage excellent communication skills to help resolve issues in a fair and timely manner
- Complete all administration duties for HR department including budget administration, training documentation, performance management tracking, disability management, and any other required administration
- Act as the lead for payroll and benefits administration, staying apprised of changes to payroll legislation and employment standards
- Plan and execute plant activities to increase employee engagement
- Completion of Post-secondary education in a relevant Human Resources related field
- 1-3 years of Human Resources and Safety experience is preferred. Experience with steel manufacturing processes and/or agricultural equipment manufacturing industry will be considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong understanding of current human resources legislation, regulations, and practices including WCB/OH&S Legislation, Payroll Legislation, Human Rights Legislation, and Employment Standards Legislation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep information very confidential.
- A very high level of integrity.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with demonstrated success building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- Proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Working knowledge of HRIS preferred
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.