AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain, and feed systems, and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting-edge solutions that leverage IoT-enabled devices, sensor technology, and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real-time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain-based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers, and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
As the experienced HR Generalist, you will support all people-related matters for the division including recruitment, learning and development, administering pay, benefits, and leave, enforcing company policies and practices, and work in close coordination with the Corporate HR team on broader HR initiatives as required.
This role would report directly to HRBP in Lenexa.
- Partner with the leadership team and AGI Corporate HR and business unit teams to understand and execute AGI’s human resource strategy and support with a wide variety of activities.
- Provide a level of customer service that emphasizes accessibility, integrity, trustworthiness, confidentiality, respect, and dignity as well as ensures fair and equal treatment of all employees.
- Provide support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues.
- Prepare HR and management documents and maintain accurate employee files, electronic records, and documentation.
- Assist with employee development, performance management, and succession planning.
- Administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations and unemployment claims.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and conduct exit interviews to determine the reasons behind separations.
- Review and prepare government-required reporting documents such as OSHA, Medicare, and EEO1 reporting and administer benefit plans.
- Support as required in the implementation and adoption of organization-wide HRIS.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits and share with the corporate total rewards team for discussion
- Support learning and development programs and initiatives.
- Support employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Safety, Training, Business Administration, or related field.
- Certification in HR, such as SHRM-CP and/or PHR will be an asset.
- 5+years of HR generalist experience
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong collaborator, able to navigate all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Familiar with the design and implementation of full-cycle performance management programs.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports. Valid driver’s license required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience working with an ATS and HRIS systems
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.