AGI VIS is currently looking for a Supervisor to join their Production Team on the day shift.
This position is responsible for overseeing welding and assembly within a designated area in the shop. They will provide expertise and knowledge in manufacturing, health and safety and will foster a positive and efficient work atmosphere. The Supervisor will work closely with shop floor employees and Production Management to ensure effective and efficient communication within the team.
This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the Assembly Manager and is based out of our manufacturing facility in Oak Bluff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, direction and training to team members to ensure that they can do their jobs successfully
- Maintain a working knowledge of company and safety policies and procedures and adhere to enforcing best practices within the team
- Regular communication with AGI VIS Management to work through any issues or concerns that might arise
- Troubleshoot production and equipment issues when needed
- Strive to continuously improve processes, work flow, and employee relations within all areas
- Guide and manage employees by setting expectations, providing coaching and disciplinary actions when necessary
- Be a ‘go to’ for all team members within the area and answer questions and concerns in a positive and constructive manner
- Assist in completing annual performance reviews for team members, and addressing employee concerns with Production Management and Human Resources as necessary
- Perform regular quality inspections on the work being performed, to ensure that issues are caught and addressed effectively
- Review drawings as needed to ensure that the information being relayed to the shop team is correct
- Oversee housekeeping within the area and ensure that things are organized before the next shift arrives
- Organize daily work within the team and ensure that the work areas have the necessary tools/material to complete the work
- Monitor inventory levels of equipment, air tools, hand tools, etc. within the shop and notify Production Management if additional or replacement tools are needed
- Interact with internal and external business partners in a professional and respectful manner
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Desired Experience
- 2+ years in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in metal fabrication, welding and assembly
- Solid understanding of production processes and techniques
- Proven track record in employee relations and management with the ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of team members
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Previous experience operating a fork lift
- Comfortable working with different computer programs, with experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment.
We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
Why AGI VIS
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Team atmosphere
- Development Opportunities
To send your résumé, click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org and note the job you're applying for in the subject line.