AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment.
We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
We are currently looking for a Lead Hand/Supervisor to join their Production Team on the day shift.
This position is responsible for overseeing welding and assembly within a designated area in the shop. They will provide expertise and knowledge in manufacturing, health and safety and will foster a positive and efficient work atmosphere. This role will work closely with shop floor employees and Production Management to ensure effective and efficient communication within the team.
This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the Assembly Manager and is based out of our manufacturing facility in Oak Bluff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, direction and hands-on training to team members to ensure that they can do their jobs successfully
- Maintain a working knowledge of company and safety policies and procedures and adhere to enforcing best practices within the team
- Organize and prioritize daily work for team members and ensure that the work areas have the necessary tools/material to complete the jobs
- Coach and collaborate with team members, taking a hands-on approach to ensure that they are producing quality product, efficiently and safely
- Perform regular quality inspections on the work being performed within your designated area, to ensure that issues are caught and addressed effectively
- Be a ‘go to’ for all team members within the area and answer questions and concerns in a positive and constructive manner
- Assist in providing constructive feedback for employee performance reviews, and address employee concerns with Production Management and Human Resources as necessary
- Oversee housekeeping within the area and ensure that things are organized before the next shift arrives
- Monitor inventory levels of equipment, air tools, hand tools, etc. within the shop and notify Production Management if additional or replacement tools are needed
- Troubleshoot production and equipment issues when needed
- Interact with internal and external business partners in a professional and respectful manner
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Desired Experience
- 1+ years in a team lead or supervisory role within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in metal fabrication
- Experienced MIG Welder with knowledge and experience using different welding techniques
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to learn our product lines and technical requirements
- Ability to read and understand job order specifications and blueprints
- Conflict resolution skills and the ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team
- Previous experience operating a forklift would be ideal
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why AGI VIS
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Team atmosphere
- Development Opportunities