We are currently looking for a Maintenance Worker to join our team at AGI VIS.
The AGI Maintenance Worker would be responsible for ensuring that the building, building systems, production equipment and exterior grounds are maintained at a high level of reliability and safe operating condition.
This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the Assembly Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance and repair of production equipment, including but not limited to CNC Machines, Welders, Paint Guns, Overhead Cranes, Air Compressors and Forklifts
- Coordination of environmental systems operations including heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Developing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program for facilities and machinery
- Conduct regular facility inspections and report any variances, damage or concerns to management accordingly
- Work with outside vendors and contractors as needed
- Oversee all yard maintenance and upkeep, ensuring that the fence, gate, parking lot and the areas around the facility are clean and operational
- Complete overhead door inspections and complete repairs as needed
- Building maintenance and repair of items including but not limited to restrooms, air filters, and garbage disposal
- Timely and accurate completion of documentation for completed work, repairs and preventative maintenance
- Work closely with Health and Safety to ensure that work is being completed safely and in accordance with regulations
- Assist with the installation of new equipment according to layouts
- Regular communication with Management and other departments to assist in continuous equipment improvement
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Desired Experience
- 5+ years in a similar role, in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with CNC, Paint Booth, and Welding repairs
- Experience with building/facility maintenance and repair
- Basic knowledge and experience in welding and fabrication
- High sense of urgency and ownership of work
- Solid understanding of maintenance processes and techniques
- Proven track record in employee relations and management with the ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of team members
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment.
We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
Why AGI VIS
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Team atmosphere
- Development Opportunities