Listed on the TSX, Ag Growth International Inc. (“AGI”) is a provider of the physical equipment and digital technology solutions required to support global food infrastructure including grain, fertilizer, seed, feed, and food processing systems. With over 4,000 employees worldwide, and facilities and offices in Canada, the United States, Brazil, India, Europe, APAC, Australia and Africa, AGI sells its products globally through a network of wholly owned subsidiaries and third-party dealers and distributors.
Note: This role can be based out of either Winnipeg or Toronto, so candidates from both the locations are encouraged to apply.
The Tax Manager will be responsible to oversee all Canadian income tax reporting, tax planning, tax modeling, tax compliance, corporate tax accounting, commodity taxes and tax audits. The role will participate in all tax issues impacting the company’s operations. The Tax Manager will also have the primary responsibility for managing external tax relationships with external auditors, advisors and taxation authorities.
Reporting to the Tax Director, the Tax Manager will join a team of 3 tax professionals who work closely with the AGI Finance team in Winnipeg and various Controllers throughout the organization.
- Oversight of operations Accounting for Income Taxes for financial reporting purposes (quarterly and annual reporting of tax provision) including research, and computations, deferred tax analysis, disclosures etc. to ensure compliance with IFRS
- Oversee the Canadian tax compliance function including managing information gathering process and preparation of separate company returns
- Oversee and assist with indirect tax returns preparation as needed
- Manage information flow for all direct and indirect tax audits and quantify exposures.
- Preparing estimated tax payment calculations
- Responsible for staying current with tax law and regulations and assist in monitoring tax law changes impacting operations.
- Manage information for the compilation of annual transfer pricing documentation
- Perform research on various tax issues as needed.
- Timely respond to and resolve correspondence and notices from tax authorities
- Prepare supporting documentation for current and deferred tax balances for quarterly and year-end financial statement audits
- Assist other departments as it relates to taxes as needed.
- Identify tax issues and trends that may impact business activities and proactively work to reduce company risk, compliance, and implement process improvements to better leverage department resources
- A professional accounting designation CPA (CA, CGA) and completed the In-Depth Tax Course
- 5-7 years in a tax compliance role
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting under IFRS
- Strong technical knowledge in corporate income tax
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and ownership for customer service and be a self-starter who is motivated internally to set high standards of performance
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with demonstrated success building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communicator as well as a visual eye for presentation
- Ability to maintain a very structured approach to prioritizing and ensuring that multiple priorities and customer needs are met in a timely manner
- Adept at exercising discretion, maintaining confidentiality and building trust
- Exceptional proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, TaxPrep
- Knowledge of Longview would be an asset
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.