Reporting directly to the AGI Tax Director, the primary responsibility of the Tax Manager will be to oversee all Canadian income tax reporting, tax planning, tax modeling, tax compliance, corporate tax accounting, commodity taxes and tax audits. The Tax Manager will actively participate in all tax issues impacting the company’s international operations. Together with the Tax Director the Tax Manager will also have the primary responsibility for managing external tax relationships including external auditors, advisors and taxation authorities.
- Oversight of Accounting for Income Taxes for consolidated financial reporting purposes (quarterly and annual reporting of tax provision) including research, and computations, deferred tax analysis, disclosures etc. to ensure compliance with IFRS
- Oversee the Canadian tax compliance function including managing information gathering process and preparation of separate company returns
- Oversee and assist with indirect tax returns preparation as needed
- Manage information flow for all direct and indirect tax audits and quantify exposures.
- Preparing estimated tax payment calculations
- Responsible for staying current with tax law and regulations and assist in monitoring tax law changes impacting operations.
- Manage information for the compilation of annual transfer pricing documentation
- Perform research on various complex tax issues as needed.
- Timely respond to and resolve correspondence and notices from tax authorities
- Prepare supporting documentation for current and deferred tax balances for quarterly and year-end financial statement audits
- Provide assistance and support to other departments as it relates to taxes as needed.
- Identify tax issues and trends that may impact business activities and proactively work to reduce company risk, compliance, and implement process improvements to better leverage department resources
- A professional accounting designation CPA (CA, CGA)
- 5-7 years experience in tax compliance;
- Completed CICA In-Depth Tax Course;
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting under IFRS
- Strong technical knowledge in corporate income tax
Salary and benefits will be dependent on skills, experience, and qualifications. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.