AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Systems Engineer will deliver a valuable site design to our customers, using existing AGI products and/or new or 3rd party products, primarily by applying solid process engineering techniques such as mass balance calculations, commodity assessments and appropriate machinery selection.
The role will report directly to the Applications Engineering Manager and work closely with System Designers to produce process flow diagrams, equipment layouts and equipment lists communicating all technical requirements to feed electrical, instrumentation and mechanical disciplines.
- Work independently within established design procedures and templates to develop systems meeting customer requirements.
- Maintain a customer focus, while also ensuring the project will be technically successful.
- Work with System Designers to provide pre-sales drawings, site general arrangement drawings, installation drawings and as built drawings.
- Review sales/project releases to ensure the project information and quote is accurate, complete and meets customer requirements.
- Raise concern and/or reject applications/opportunities where excessive risk exists, or expectations cannot be satisfied.
- Evaluate all system designs/layouts to ensure they meet corporate guidelines.
- Represent your team in project meetings with customers, cross divisional or corporate.
- Provide market feedback/requirements to the Product Engineering team.
- Own the engineering communication with 3rd party equipment/structure suppliers
- Track changes in site designs throughout the engineering process and assists with cost impact to support the change order process.
- Communicate the voice of the customer, and their project specifications to the Applications Engineering team, such that they can select, quote, and manufacture the appropriate configurations of equipment.
- Review individual equipment approval drawings to ensure correct and accurate information and compliance to corporate standards prior to sending to customer.
- Travel to jobsites or AGI manufacturing centers when necessary
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process, Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering from an accredited university
- At least 3 years of industrial material handling experience preferred
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to work in a fabricated equipment environment, with a propensity for machine design
- Ability to own personal development and gain an understanding of the equipment that we manufacture, how it is produced and why designs are made the way they are
- Ability to think analytically and make accurate and timely decisions
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and a strong work ethic
- Strong team player.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Comfortable using complex file systems and Engineering Product Data Management (EPDM) systems
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.