Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Danmare provides engineering solutions and project management services to the food industry. Danmare specializes in automated systems for pet food, rice and pasta, confectionery ready-to-eat foods, sauces and meat processing.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will oversee a team of process engineers, as well as assist and direct your team in the design and implementation of projects in the food and beverage industry. In addition to employing engineering fundamentals in systems design, you will interact extensively with customers, as well as assist with and direct the coordination of outside contractors and plant floor logistics.
- Travel component may be 40% of total time, percentage is job dependent.
- 25% of travel will be international (Toronto/India).
- While Danmare tries to minimize travel, the percentage is project dependent and Danmare has implemented programs to compensate for time away.
The Danmare Group is comprised by a team of over fifty-five Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technologists whose credentials span the electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, and construction disciplines required to service the specialized needs of the food and beverage industry. The full team comprises a diverse range of talent that allows us to offer the full spectrum of big picture process design to niche level materials handling.
- Lead major project initiatives. The responsibilities would include identifying all equipment capabilities, utility & infrastructure requirements and developing Process Flow Diagrams and layout concepts.
- Lead Installation activities at client sites to ensure proper installation of all intended project designs.
- Manage contractors and enforce client safety measures.
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vender technicians to remediate issues.
- Assist with the development of Engineering Check-out, Equipment Acceptance Testing, Start-up/Validation documents.
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments, and results.
- Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners
- Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Senior Management as required
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Recommend, manage, and implement efforts to streamline the organization’s processes and establish best practices
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 - 10+ years previous project installation and start-up experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
- Working knowledge of FDA and USDA food equipment and design standards.
- Understanding food plant Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), area designations, clean design requirements and the impact to process and equipment layout designs.
- Member of PEO and / or other related professional organizations.
- Experience in a consulting environment.
- Ability to converse and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write effective, high-quality emails and documents
- Time management and organizational skills
- Advanced capabilities in quantitative and data analysis
- Interpersonal, collaborative, and team building skills
- Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities
- Advanced skills with: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, AutoCad
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.