AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
In this role, you will interact with core disciplines (structural, electrical, controls, process), as well as internal and external clients to coordinate and achieve project objectives. You will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant engineering, project management, consulting, or design experiences to drive and manage multiple projects for a variety of clients in the food, beverage, and pet food industries. You will also bring thorough knowledge of design engineering principles, in-depth project management experiences in the application for clients in the food, beverage, and pet food industries.
You will be working with a team comprised of diverse and multi-disciplinary individuals including professional engineers, designers and project managers, who have extensive experiences leading, and managing multimillion dollar projects for clients whom are leaders in their respective industries.
- Lead major project initiatives. Which includes identifying all equipment capabilities, utility & infrastructure requirements and developing layout concepts, etc.
- Manage and lead multiple disciplinary teams, providing guidance and mentor team members
- Liaise with vendors, contractors to ensure proper installation of all intended project requirements
- Lead and support site start-up team, troubleshoot and resolve issues by collaborating with vendor equipment technicians during installation and start up
- Oversee the development of Engineering Check-out, Equipment Acceptance Testing, start-up/validation processes
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate project activities; track critical path milestones
- Ensure end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification /escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations during project design, implementation, including commissioning, and process qualification
- Interact with core disciplines (structural, electrical, controls, process), as well as internal and external clients to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of CFIA, USDA and FDA food equipment clean design requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering in any of the following disciplines, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical or Civil
- Minimum 10 years of relevant engineering, project management, consulting, or design experiences to drive and manage multiple projects for a variety of clients in the food, beverage, and pet food industries
- Professional Engineer status
- Previous experiences in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and pet nutrition industries
- Working knowledge of FDA and USDA food equipment and clean design standards
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required
- Experience using AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel, Microsoft suite and Visio
- Project concept development, design, procurement and installation or equipment experiences
- Construction/contractor management, commissioning, and validation experiences
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, collaborative, persuasive with strong team building skills, conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Up to 40% travel maybe required to support and service our clients
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Valid passport - US Based projects may require relocation for a period of 9 to 12 months must be able to relocate if required during this period
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.