AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Danmare Group specializes in providing full-service engineering and design solutions to premier companies in the food and pet food-nutrient sectors Our skilled team of engineers and professionals manage the process design, equipment specifications, plant layout, equipment qualifications, construction, installations, and manage vendors so our clients are provided with projects and services, on time and within budget. Our continued success has been leveraged as being part of the AGI group of businesses.
The role requires a minimum of 7 years of relevant Project and Process Engineering experience to lead and manage multiple projects for a variety of clients in the food, pet nutrition/food industries
The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge of design engineering principles and project management methodologies, supported with in-depth, hands-on experiences in project management and process design in the consumer food, beverage, and pet food/nutrition industries
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work independently to manage a diverse group of professionals in order to execute projects for green field and brown field sites ensuring work is completed on time, on budget, within scope meeting the client objectives
- Collaborate with clients to clarify project deliverables, developing project ideas and design options to ensure customer satisfaction and successful completion of the project
- Prepare and manage schedules, budget, installation supervision, and commissioning for projects
- Identify equipment capabilities, utilities, infrastructure requirements, develop PFDs and P&IDs
- Provide technical guidance during project design and implementation, including commissioning & process qualification, to assure viability of technology in proposed configuration
- Managing, coach and mentor direct reports on a project team
- Led and manage teams consisting of project engineers, designers, contractors, and vendors
- Create and manage project budgets in partnership with clients
- Prepare and issue tender documents to 3rd party vendors/contractors and completing the process with awarding tenders
- Managing activities associated with project execution including equipment delivery, installation schedule, managing and updating key stakeholders, and onsite construction management
- Execute project management, pre-engineering design work for process and packaging elements of projects
- Prepare scope of work parameters, contractor, and vendor criteria selection
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of process flow diagrams and plant layout drawings
- Prepare reports to indicate project progress, budget status and risk analysis
- Manage contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors to ensure compliance to all safety regulations, codes, standards, and adherence to client requirements
- Interact with core disciplines (structural, electrical, controls, process), as well as internal and external clients to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a timely manner
- Assist with the development of Engineering check-out, equipment acceptance testing, start-up and validation documents
- Working knowledge of TSSA, CSA, CFIA, and USDA, equipment clean design requirements
Other Essential Requirements
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required
- Comfortable working in abattoirs, animal processing, and cold, wet environments
- Experience using AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel, Microsoft suite and Visio
- Project concept development, implementation, and management
- Design, procurement, and installation of equipment
- Construction/contractor management, commissioning, and validation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 40% travel maybe required to support our clients located across North American
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable automobile
- Valid passport - US Based projects may require relocation for a period of 6-9 months Must be able to relocate if required during this period
- Bachelor of Engineering in any of the following disciplines, Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical
- Professional Engineer status
- We provide a competitive compensation package commiserate with experience. This includes benefits and Group Registered Savings Plan
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.