AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Founded in 1987, Improtech is a Toronto based engineering consulting firm specializing in the design, commissioning, and implementation of processes for the food, dairy and beverage industries. Clients are provided with a full range of services including troubleshooting, conceptual design, machine fabrication and installation, project management, commissioning, and training.
In 2019 Improtech was acquired by Ag Growth International Inc (AGI). AGI is a leading provider of equipment solutions for agriculture bulk commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain, and feed systems with a growing platform in providing equipment and solutions for food processing facilities. AGI has 34 manufacturing facilities across 6 continents.
You will employ engineering fundamentals in systems design, and be involved in extensive customer interaction, co-ordination of outside contractors and plant floor logistics.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, you will work closely with senior personnel in the design and implementation of projects within customer facilities.
- Analyze, design, and implement cost savings initiatives, including energy and utility audits
- Perform feasibility studies and process designs for new product launches, facility upgrades and process improvements
- Frequent application of engineering fundamentals namely in the areas of fluid dynamics, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Design and implement custom CIP (Clean in Place) systems
- Perform field measurements to quantify design requirements
- Research and apply relevant codes and regulations
- Compose reports on recommendations to improve processes
- Draft and oversee drafting of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Manage and drive design teams and coordinate activities with other engineering disciplines and vendors
- Compose control narratives to assist in programming of processes as per customer requirements
- Commission systems by testing and troubleshooting processes in the field
- Regularly complete continuing education engineering and technical courses to further develop subject matter expertise and stay up to date with new technologies
- Manage projects to ensure that subordinates, contractors and suppliers meet their targets
- Coordinate with other disciplines and skilled trades for the planning and execution of
- project tasks
- Contractor field supervision
- Prepare job status reports and other reports as required for reporting to senior management and to clients
- Maintain project contract terms and conditions to ensure project activities are aligned
- Coordinate and support implementation of contractor safety systems
- Regularly meet with customers to establish project scope, provide status updates, and explain final designs and recommendations
- Maintain accountability with respect to project timeframes, quality standards, and budgets
- Assist with preparation and management of engineering proposals
- Develop and update project requirements and specifications
- Develop bills of materials and cost estimates
- Conduct client site visits and inspections and prepare necessary written reports or updates
- Over 4 years mechanical engineering experience in the beverage, dairy and food industries
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and knowledge of MS Project is an asset
- Well organized, self-motivated capable of working independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, organized, hard worker, and team player
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines
- Production floor experience and/or exposure to the food and beverage business is an asset
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required to effectively manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- A valid Ontario driver’s license - travel maybe required to support and service our clients at their premises
- A valid passport
- Professional Engineer designation
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.