AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Danmare Group specializes in providing full-service engineering and design solutions to premier companies in the food and pet food-nutrient sectors Our skilled team of engineers and professionals manage the process design, equipment specifications, plant layout, equipment qualifications, construction, installations, and manage vendors so our clients are provided with projects and services, on time and within budget. Our continued success has been leveraged as being part of the AGI group of businesses.
The role requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant Project and Process Engineering experiences to drive and manage projects for a variety of clients in the food, beverage, and pet food industries
The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge of design engineering principles and project management methodologies, supported with in-depth experiences in the application of project management techniques for clients in the food, beverage and pet food industries.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support and assist Senior Project Engineers with major project initiatives which include identifying equipment capabilities, utilities, infrastructure requirements, developing process flow diagrams and layout concepts
- Evaluate designs and provide recommendations/solutions to clients
- Lead and coordinate activities at client sites to ensure proper execution of project designs
- Provide technical guidance during project design and implementation, including commissioning & process qualification, to assure viability of technology in proposed configuration
- Prepare mechanical system designs using AutoCAD, 2D and BIM modelling
- Prepare and manage bid documents for engineering/mechanical design for installation
- Manage contractors, sub-contractors and vendors to ensure compliance to all safety regulations, codes, standards and adherence to client requirements
- Make site visits to fabricators to assess adherence to plans and process
- Monitoring Contractor work for compliance with contract specifications
- Generate, review, and take responsibility for contract documents and specifications primarily as they relate to process mechanical requirements
- Support site start-up team, troubleshoot and resolve issues by collaborating with vendor equipment technicians during installation and start up
- Interact with core disciplines (structural, electrical, controls, process), as well as internal and external clients to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a timely manner
- Assist with the development of Engineering check-out, equipment acceptance testing, start-up and validation documents
- Working knowledge of CFIA, USDA and FDA, local legislative requirements, clean design, food equipment hygienic design requirements
Other Essential Requirements
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends if required
- Comfortable working in abattoirs, animal processing, and cold, wet environments
- Experience using AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Suite and Visio
- Project implementation, and management
- Design, procurement, and installation of equipment
- Contractor management, commissioning, and validation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 40% travel maybe required to support our clients located across North American
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable automobile
- Valid passport - US Based projects may require relocation for a period of 6-9 months Must be able to relocate if required during this period
- Bachelor of Engineering in any of the following disciplines Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical engineering
- Professional Engineer status or Engineer in Training
- We provide a competitive compensation package commiserate with experience. This includes benefits and Group Registered Savings Plan
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.