AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
As Sioux Falls Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team tasked with two primary functions related to the development, design, and application of enclosed belt conveyors for the commercial agricultural industry. The first function is the ongoing product development and maintenance engineering of the standard product line, including the incorporation of new features, value-based design refresh and the incorporation of new models to capture new capacities and non-traditional commodity handling. The second function is the day-to-day application of the product including sales support of application assessment, product suitability, product, and product sizing. Upon order, application engineering of the final product including approval drawing generation, customization od select components and selection of purchased OEM components. In addition, you will ensure that company operating, and cost efficiencies are obtained, quality and safety standards are achieved, and customer delivery deadlines are met.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers and designers tasked with both the product development and application aspects of the work. The team will flex depending on order volume demands between the two primary functions. Team members may be dedicated to one of the functions should that prove to be the most effective model. The team size may fluctuate between 5 and 10 members. The Engineering Manager must also work closely with the sales and manufacturing teams.
- Supervise and lead technically preliminary and advanced work in development of working conveyor layouts and final approval drawings adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
- Manage the engineering resource schedule an application engineering schedule.
- Manage and develop the engineering staff.
- Participate in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Work with the Drafters to oversee drawings and that production times are being met.
- Work with sales to prepare proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, reports, etc.
- Interact with vendors concerning OEM components they supply or propose to supply.
- Perform liaison function between the Engineering Department and all manufacturing operations for any related issues, problems, or improvements. Also, coordinate with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, sales, accounting, metal finishing, and assembly.
- Keep all pertinent parties advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Directly communicate with sales and customers when required. Act as technical expert for the company for both internal and external customers.
- Design product to meet all requirements and manage several projects at one time.
- Handle all changes and problems related to product assigned.
- Responsible for the entire product life cycle.
- Oversee the engineering department.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering Degree or equivalent from four-year College. PE preferred.
- 5 years related engineering design experience and 5 years engineering management experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Proficiency in Made 2 Manage, AutoCAD, Solid Works or other drafting and 3D modeling programs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong background in material selection and application.
- Engineer design skills with metal fabrication, material handling equipment, grain systems, or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mechanical and technical skills and knowledge
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
- Results oriented while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of calculus, modern algebra, and statistical theory.
- Ability to apply principles of scientific thinking to wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to handle nonverbal symbolism (formulas, equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work with customers to define requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status.
- Ability to make technical presentations internally and to customers.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Note: Relocation will be provided within US for the right fit.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.