The Danmare Group is comprised by a team of fifty Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technologists whose credentials span the electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, and construction disciplines required to service the specialized needs of the food and beverage industry. The full team comprises a diverse range of talent that allows us to offer the full spectrum of big picture process design to niche level materials handling.
Auto CAD Drafter/Designer – Experience in the Food Processing Industry Mandatory
The Auto CAD Drafter /Designer will prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detailed drawings. Understanding of drafting techniques and engineering terminology is required. The successful applicant will have 2-7 years of drafting background and a strong knowledge of 2D AutoCAD. 3D Modelling in AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Plant 3D knowledge is a definite asset.
- Apply the DANMARE CADD Standards document to all drawings
- Strong 2D AutoCAD skills, knowledge of layer management, XREFs manipulation, etc.
- 3D Modelling under supervision of Project Lead Designer.
- Develop and prepare layout drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and using related documents and drawings prepared by others.
- Able to identify and report design related issues to Project Lead Designer and/or Project Engineer
- Familiar with the Ontario Building Code (OBC) and other Safety/Standard Codes considered an asset.
- On-site verification of layout drawings as required. Able to collect and provide proper site measurements and information as required.
- Prepare drawings utilized for tender documents which range from mechanical or electrical equipment installations to custom equipment.
- Familiar with P&IDs and PFDs. Able to assist Process Engineer in preparation of Process Diagrams
- Understand the design process and other procedures relevant to the production of engineering documents.
- Ensures compliance with approved design standards in own work to provide quality design
- Participate in Design Review Meetings.
Other Essential Responsibilities
- Follow job guidelines as described in the DANMARE practice and procedure manual.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with DANMARE management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality.
- Work in a productive manner.
- Produce work which is right the first time.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for DANMARE. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Treat all DANMARE information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and abide by office policies and procedures.
- Informs supervisor of problems or issues which affect the companies’ ability to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks. This may be done through reading and continuing education.
- Promptly inform DANMARE management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business which may affect DANMARE’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Design, Mechanical or Architectural Engineering/Technology.
- 1-7 years of previous drafting experience inclusive of responsibilities included in the Job Summary.
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects.
- General knowledge/understanding of all related engineering fields.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD, and Visio.
Compensation: Competitive compensation, benefits, RSP/retirement and ESP programs
Danmare Group specializes in the food processing and beverage industry. Over the past fifteen years, clients have enlisted our expert team to manage numerous challenging projects from start to finish, taking a flexible and collaborative approach that considers all stakeholder requirements as well as the safety of everyone involved. Our skilled team of professionals will manage the process design, equipment specifications, factory layout, equipment qualifications, construction and installations, project timelines, and maintain budget integrity, oversee vendors, address unexpected concerns and implement the results we promised – in short, everything you would expect from a company that consistently brings complex projects to fruition on time and within budget.
Our continued success in our industry has been leveraged by our inclusion in the AGI group of businesses. AGI is a global leader in the planning, engineering and manufacturing of full solutions and systems in the agriculture industry, partnering with customers on 6 continents to offer unique market solutions.