AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The Office Assistant/ Receptionist will perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as providing information to callers, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and drafting correspondence. This position will also be responsible for creating and maintaining of the policies, procedures, and work instructions for the North American Sales Execution group.
Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager, this role will play a key part in running in the day-day for the Chicago office.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems; and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Professionally answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries by directing them to the appropriate persons according to their needs, so as not to experience customers being on hold or waiting for extended periods of time while searching for requested contact.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Consistently locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars by always monitoring the tracking of management and office staff’s available /unavailable status.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Maintain a document control system.
- Create, update and distribute procedures and work instructions
- Other tasks as assignment by management.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED), with additional business education preferred
- 3-5 years prior receptionist experience and document control experience preferred.
- Exceptional proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep information very confidential
- Take initiative and ownership for customer service and be a self-starter who is motivated internally to set high standards of performance
- Work well in a collaborative environment with demonstrated success building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communicator as well as a visual eye for presentation
- Demonstrate a structured approach to prioritizing and ensuring that multiple priorities and customer needs are met in a timely manner
- Seek to exceed expectations of internal and external clients
- Tact, diplomacy and creative problem-solving capabilities within a dynamic, rapidly growing business.
- Adept at exercising discretion, maintaining confidentiality and building trust
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.