AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Manufacturing & Supply, you will provide leadership and assistance to develop and implement divisional EHS policy and associated management systems in coordination with AGI EH&S management and audit system. You will also be responsible for promotion of EHS throughout the Company through collaboration with operational and HR partners and provide mentoring to EHS Coordinators across the region to ensure integrity of EHS data and standards and leverage EHS best practices.
- Responsible for creating, developing, and sustaining site EHS programs that develop and sustain a positive safety culture, including: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), crisis response, disaster recovery, facility access and security protocols, loss prevention, methods of egress and inclement weather systems, health and wellness, and workplace violence and harassment prevention.
- Manage fleet and driver safety and ensures compliance with authorized driver/MVR process and ensure compliance with driver safety training programs.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure compliance with Company EHS policies and standards. Establish and maintain compliance with all safety, security, health and environmental laws and regulations according to Provincial and Federal standards and agencies, and corporate policies.
- Investigate accidents and near-misses to identify root cause(s) and implement prevention measures. Document and update preventative policies and Standard Operating Procedures/Safe
- Work Procedures that are communicated to employees. Working with other stakeholders develop and manage remedial corrective action programs, as necessary.
- Establish and oversee site level administration of Worker’s Compensation (WC) claims and associated litigation. Work with local HR monitors on open WC issues with appropriate action plans including reporting accidents to appropriate insurance carrier or government agency. Work with HR to follow up on status of injured employees and supports with return to work and light duty programs.
- Work with other stakeholders supports for recognition and incentive programs that promote corporate values and foster a safe, healthy, and secure work environment
- Partner with Director of Safety – US, Human Resources and EHS coordinators to leverage best practices; analyze events and communicate results throughout the region. Mentor EHS coordinators and business partners in the region. Ensure integrity of EHS data and reporting for region.
- Prepare periodic reports and summaries to keep home office and divisional management appraised of activities. Review policies and practices to ensure they conform to regulations governing safety operations.
- Monitor injuries/illnesses and Worker’s Compensation claims and assists with annual WC renewal. Follows-up on investigative reports as necessary. Reviews and prepares all government required reporting documents such as Provincial OH&S reporting, etc.
- Performs additional related duties as requested or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related field desired.
- Requires a minimum of eight years of EHS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong EHS experience in an industrial or construction setting. Demonstrated success with developing and implementing EHS programs in a matrix environment.
- Experience developing training curriculum & materials related to safety topics and providing clear feedback to all levels of employees.
- Knowledgeable about provincial regulations across Canada.
- Skilled at reading and interpreting EHS regulations and policies, including Provincial Act and Regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attentive to detail
- Interpersonal and leadership skills, highly collaborative
- Comfortable with ordering suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.