AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
AGI is seeking a Senior QA Analyst to join our IT team. AGI is undergoing an exciting business transformation and our IT team is a key enabler of many outcomes. This is a truly unique opportunity if you want to be at the center of a large digital transformation and to be part of an amazing culture and team.
The Senior QA Analyst will provide strong understanding of STLC and quality assurance processes. Senior QA Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that both internally developed and third-party solutions are developed, tested, and implemented in a consistent manner while meeting established quality targets.
Reporting to the Director, IT Applications, the Senior QA Analyst will work collaboratively with the dynamic QA team towards helping to define and execute successful test cases in supporting the ongoing development of various applications.
- Create Test Strategies and Test Plans for all various level of testing
- Analyse business requirements through formal or informal reviews to determine System Test criteria and govern the approach to the test effort required
- Develop, execute, and maintain test scenarios, test cases and automated test scripts. Track and Manage Test cases and test scripts using Test Management tools
- Ensure that all feature deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility, and data quality
- Document and evaluate test results and defects, and work with the development team and business to troubleshoot issues. Track and manage defects using defect management tools.
- Partner with business analysts, architects, developers, and project managers to ensure requirements are documented, understood, testable and accurately tested
- Track and report on QA metrics for assigned projects and maintenance of test artifacts including status reports as required
- Collaborate with leaders and other QA team members to develop, implement, and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches, and services
- Develop a comprehensive automation test infrastructure
- Provide QA effort estimations for projects and advise on allocation of QA resources as per project needs
- Guide the QA team members across projects and operations
- Develop QA skills and knowledge for resources reporting directly/indirectly
- Guide and mentor QA team members on planning their career and personal development
- Promote and model the culture and values of AGI
- Contribute to resource demand management, planning, and assignment
- Completion of a university or college degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or the equivalent, combined with extensive experience in Quality Assurance.
- Formal Quality Assurance certification/designation from either ISTQB or IIST is an asset and strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven work experience in software testing
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead teams and work collaboratively in a project and team environment
- Delivery focused, and time management skills
- Excellent understanding of STLC process
- Leadership experience with small QA teams
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- QA management skills, especially with Agile methodologies
- Experience in software change and release management processes
- Good understanding of the deployment process and expertise on handling multiple environments
- Good understanding of integrations using APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Provide technical expertise with automation tools and languages
- Ability to provide guidance to others regarding testing best practices
- Experience using testing tools, such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Be committed to personal development of new technical skills and knowledge.
- Experience in agile and waterfall testing environments
- Knowledge of SQL or database testing an asset
- Microsoft Office
- JIRA or similar task management software
- Azure DevOps
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.