AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
AGI is looking for a Director, IT Security to join the team as it goes through an exciting business transformation. The role is responsible for globally establishing and managing the enterprise information security vision, strategy, and program to ensure information assets and technologies are secure. This role is a key senior leadership role that requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as an ability to work with the broader IT organization and business management to align priorities and plans with key business objectives. This is a truly unique opportunity if you want to be at the center of a large digital transformation and to be part of an amazing culture and team.
Reporting directly to the Vice President IT, the Director, IT Security will work with the broader IT team towards managing information security operations, cyber incident management, enterprise cyber risk management and strategic oversight of the Cyber Security Program. The Director will act as an empowered representative of the Vice President, IT during IT planning initiatives to ensure that security measures are incorporated into strategic IT plans and that service expectations are clearly defined.
The major responsibilities for this role fall under the following areas, however this is not an exhaustive list and the role may evolve as we continue to grow:
- Co-Develop strategy for areas of responsibility with Vice President, IT
- Develop IT plan within areas of responsibility
- Contribute to overall IT strategy with IT management team
- Assume responsibility and accountability for delivery of IT plan
- Develop and maintain IT budget for areas of responsibility
- Provide day to day leadership and direction to direct reports
- Provide overall leadership to and be an escalation point for indirect reports
- Develop the skills and knowledge of the staff
- Promote and model the culture and values of AGI
- Develop job descriptions, job levels and pay scales in cooperation with Vice President, IT and HR
- Ensure that career planning and performance management is carried out with direct and indirect reports in cooperation with Vice President, IT and HR
- Contribute to resource demand management, planning and assignment
- Develop, define and measure IT services within areas of responsibility
- Work with staff to continually improve services
- Engage with business stakeholders to co-create value and enable desired business outcomes
- Work as escalation point for incidents and issues related to owned services
- Consult and gather business needs from all business stakeholders across the company to understand various business objectives and technical solution requirements
- Act as a Senior Supplier on projects that draw on human resources and/or technical expertise
- Contribute technical expertise to the development of project charters, business requirements, solution design and quality on projects
- Provide technical expertise within areas of responsibility
- Be committed to personal development of new technical skills and knowledge
- Continually scan external technical and business environments to bring new and better ideas to the organization
- Ensure that technical information and knowledge is recorded and maintained in accordance with AGI IT standards
- Contribute to a better understanding of technology across AGI with both technical and business teams
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure that architecture diagrams and technical standards are developed and maintained
- Assess IT risks and compliance and advise Vice President, IT
- Support reporting on IT Risk opinions and other related matters to key Board and Management Committees as required
- Maintain and develop IT Risk, Governance and Compliance Framework
- Define security standards and controls for security of networks, servers (on-premise and cloud), personal computing devices, data and integrations
- Develop security incident response and remediation plans
- Be the first point of escalation for any serious security incidents and/or risks
- Responsible for staff and external stakeholder identity and access management (IAM)
- Promote and manage security awareness and education across AGI
- Understand data privacy regulations in all areas that AGI, its customers and suppliers operate and ensure that appropriate IT security measures are in place to maintain compliance
- Oversee all security infrastructure
- Provide security guidance and advice for all IT projects and services
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture team to ensure that IT security is documented and maintained as part of all projects and technologies
- Responsible for day-to-day security operations
- Work with technical teams to ensure that SecDevOps approach is taken to application development
- Partner with and manage outsourced IT security service providers
- Perform internal Security Audits to verify documented security controls are in place
- Perform internal Security Risk Assessments to provide leadership or other stakeholders a high-level analysis that determines the effectiveness of AGI cybersecurity controls and rate AGI’s overall cyber maturity
- Complete external requirements for IT Security Audits or requests for IT Security information
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, IT Security, Computer Science or equivalent mix of training and experience.
- 10-15 years in IT roles with at least 5 years in an IT security leadership role
- Strong leadership skills
- One or more of the following certifications preferred:
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager
- (ISC) SCCP
- (ISC) CISSP
- (ISC) ISSAP
- COBIT, ISO, PCI
- Experience working collaboratively with leaders across the business and IT Operations delivering enterprise success
- Experience in selecting, developing and performance management of information security team members
- Experience working with legal, audit and compliance staff
- Experience developing and maintaining policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Experience performing risk, business impact, controls, technical security testing, vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment strategies.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Server, Networking and Security monitoring tools
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.