AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI Oak Bluff manufactures bulk storage and material handling solutions for the feed, fertilizer and grain handling industries. Our product line includes overhead bin systems, bucket elevators, drag, belt and screw conveyors, distributors, gates and diverter valves. We work together with their clients on system design to determine the best selection of equipment for their application.
We are actively seeking a goal-driven Territory Sales Representative to join our Sales team at AGI. As a Territory Sales Representative, you will be responsible for increasing and sustaining sales revenues and customer relationships within their assigned geographical area. You will provide expertise and product knowledge to both prospective and established customer base, displaying outstanding sales, organization, and communication skills to better meet our customer needs.
- Work alongside the Director, Canadian Commercial Sales to create and implement effective sales strategies with the region
- Build account base by demonstrating products, services, and technical product solutions
- Conduct customer research and drive new customer business through networking, referrals, and cold calling
- Identify and effectively communicate field issues and opportunities to the management team
- Analyze current sales and market data to find best methods
- Meet with new and established customers to present product offerings
- Self-sufficient in creating quotes within M2M
- Actively participate in industry tradeshows and events to cultivate customer relationships
- Executes sales strategy within existing territory to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Stay informed of competition activity within the region and provide updates to the Director, Canadian Commercial Sales as necessary
- Maintain accurate records including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, billing invoices and other documentation as required
- Actively manage a sales call schedule to ensure efficient and effective coverage of the assigned territory
- Interact with internal and external business partners in a professional and respectful manner
- Overnight travel will be required
- All other duties as assigned
- University or college degree in business, or a combination of education and related experience
- 5+ years in a similar role within the Agricultural Industry Sector, with focus on bulk material handling
- Proven track record of increasing sales and revenue in an external sales role
- Demonstrated ability to close sales agreements while maintaining established sales targets
- Solid experience with account development and executing customer calls
- Strong decision making and listening skills
- Ability to develop sales strategies using organizational targets
- Ability to overcome objections from prospective customers
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and SalesForce CRM
- Previous experience in AutoCad, SolidWorks and Made2Manage would be considered an asset
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving/identification ability
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.