Winnipeg, MB – AGI is a leading provider of equipment solutions for agriculture bulk commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain, and feed systems with a growing platform in providing equipment and solutions for food processing facilities. AGI has manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Brazil, South Africa and Italy and distributes its products globally.
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Support Representative (SSR) for the Prairie West Region will be responsible for representing and supporting the growth of the entire AGI Farm business catalogue within Alberta and western Saskatchewan The main function of the role is to support the Territory Sales Representatives (TSR) and Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to grow sales and revenues among the AGI dealer network, and build long term, profitable relationships with the dealer representatives and key farmer customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a part of the AGI Sales team the Sales Support Representative will assume primary responsibility for executing the following goals and tasks including:
- Under the guidance of the Regional Sales Manager and the involvement of the Territory Sales Representatives, the Sales Support Representative will assist the regional sales team in the execution of a customer-based sales plan that will meet the territory sales and growth objectives though not directly responsible for the customer sales budget.
- Represents and markets AGI products with current AGI dealers. Supports the Regional Sales Manager & Territory Sales Representative with the continued business from AGI’s established dealer network and seeks to identify opportunities within the designated market area.
- When Territory Sales Representatives are unable to do so, assist or host dealer sales meetings and provides training to dealer personnel on all AGI products.
- Maintains positive relationships with Territory Sales Representatives & AGI dealers to maximize market penetration of all AGI products.
- When required, assist in set up and/or attendance of Regional Trade Shows or dealer hosted events as requested by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Provides the Regional Sales Manager with spot inventory checks which include competitor inventory and regional inventory access points as assigned.
- Maintain broad product background and complete knowledge of AGI products and markets to the extent that you are able to formally present information to a group of existing or potential customers.
- Support the administrative and operational staff as they pursue their specific goals – in other words be a team player. In the critical times of the year this will involve assisting Warehouses with various duties as well AGI initiatives.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position will report to the Regional Sales Manager.
Skills and Competencies:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- Strong business and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to determine and provide fact-based solutions for customers.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Well organized.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products – Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Background in Agriculture and experience in farm equipment sales is key, but not mandatory.