Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI Fertilizer Systems designs, builds, and installs fertilizer handling equipment and material handling equipment worldwide. AGI Fertilizer Systems is full-service company with experienced engineering, design, production, installation, transportation, and technical personnel to serve this industry. Specializing in putting customers in control as the leading manufacturer of automation blending and material handling systems for the agriculture, fuel and aerial industries.
We are actively seeking a Sales Manager for AGI Fertilizer Systems, a division of AGI. In this role, you will direct sales activities as well as provide leadership, vision, and management of assigned sales personnel to achieve customer satisfaction goals while meeting financial targets. You will cultivate a positive work environment utilizing the talents of the sales team membership.
We are a driven cohesive team consisting of 6 Territory Sales Managers as your direct reports. You will work closely with and report to the Senior Director AGI Fertilizer Systems. You will collaborate closely with the Senior VP and a comprehensive support team of engineers, project managers and operations team members.
- Pursues sales leads, set sales targets; visiting existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer inquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times within the limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets.
- Call on customers with Territory Sales Managers and serve as a role model, teacher and coach to Territory Sales Managers, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness. Manage Territory Sales Managers’ performance through the establishment, communication and clarification of sales goals and expectations. Hold individuals accountable for meeting established performance standards.
- Recruit, select and retain a high-quality professional field sales force to meet customer and Company needs.
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.
- Understand customer needs and provide feedback to organization on product performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity. Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve goals.
- Maintain a thorough technical knowledge of AGI Fertilizer products and services and trouble shoots some customer complaints and work to resolve them.
- Manages sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands
- Set strategic goals for the Company to grow business year over year.
- Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations and sales management developments.
- Analyze, monitor and manage within set guidelines the Company’s operational budgets and sales tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred, will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and sales management.
- Management of sales territory including supervision of personnel.
- Selling, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution, handling objections and coaching.
- Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, territory plans, inventory data, and complete administrative duties.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.