AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
As the Regional Sales Director, US Farm Grain Sales, you will direct the execution of the Farm Grain sales strategy within the assigned geography. The Regional Sales Director will have a proven ability to lead through influence in a complex matrix environment. The role will work collaboratively across the organization as a major contributor/leader among peer groups and will build a diverse team that reflects the marketplace, living AGI’s values and accountable for growth through sales and effective leadership. This role is remote and can be based in IL, IN, OH.
Reporting directly to US Farm Senior Sales Director, you will work closely with the US Farm Senior Sales Director to champion and build a sales strategy that is focused on business growth while sustaining AGI’s strong customer focus.
- Align regional sales objectives with AGI’s business strategy through active participation in sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Hire, train, coach, and help guide team of 8-10 Territory Sales Representatives. Establish Sales KPI’s for each representative and appropriately manage the team on the execution of the KPI’s. This includes, but is not limited to, feedback/coaching, corrective counseling, and performance reviews.
- Provide input and needs assessment for territory and/or segmentation for effective sales and resource deployment.
- Develop and direct the US Farm Sales team and Dealer sales plan.
- End User and Dealer development and growth for AGI Farm products.
- Achieve sales goals by product and region as set out in the annual budget.
- Maintain positive and productive relations with potential and existing customers and other industry contacts.
- Compile, analyze and distribute sales statistics.
- Monitor accounts and assist with collections.
- Manage trade shows, coordinating with all business units and AGI Sales / Marketing
- Evaluate sales effectiveness by product lines, accounts and recommend improvements.
- Gather competitive intelligence for strategic analysis.
- Foster a culture of accountability, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business or Engineering, credentials in sales management and agriculture equipment products or equivalent commensurate experience
- 10+ years relevant experience in an agriculture sales leadership role. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Must be a dynamic leader who is comfortable with transformative change and a sincere collaborator who can collaborate across functions in pursuit of company business goals.
- Ability to travel as required in meeting essential duties and responsibilities. Approximately 60%-70%
- Valid state Driver’s License required.
- Strong business acumen and visionary abilities to set goals and execute on them.
- Ability to delegate sufficient authority to enable successful performance.
- Ability to enforce, within the context of reasonableness, the terms and conditions of sales and marketing programs.
- Ability to recommend to and assist the AGI team with the analysis of new product lines and acquisition opportunities.
- Ability to control relevant expenses to the extent of approved budget.
- Ability to recommend acceptable levels of exposure on individual accounts.
- Ability to manage and develop the business relationships of existing and new AGI customer accounts.
- Ability to work with varying sales channels including direct and/or dealer distribution networks.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to prepare presentation materials and present the information one-on-one and in a group.
- Some evening or weekend work as required by customer demands and/or seasonality typical to agriculture.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are advantageous.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time.
- Superior business analysis and project management capabilities.
- Experience operating within a matrix organization.
- Effective collaborator across functional disciplines.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving environment.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferred understanding of Salesforce data system and other IT systems.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.