AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing a business strategy for selling the company’s products and services to assigned current and potential National customers. Other activities will include leading commercial activities and negotiations required to maintain profitable growth for assigned customers through value-added and consultative selling techniques. In addition, you will build, maintain, and manage relationships with assigned account(s), end-users, national design-build firms and engineering firms, provide deep product expertise and sales assistance for all commercial product lines, monitors results, and develop plans to meet sales goals.
This role can also be based out of Chicago, Kansas City, Omaha, or Minneapolis.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, you will work closely with Sales team to build relationships with strategic accounts to champion and build a sales strategy that is focused on business growth while sustaining AGI’s strong customer focus.
- Develop a profitable growth strategy for selling the company’s products and services to current and potential customers including specific plans to achieve both short- and long-term profitable growth.
- Work with assigned National customer accounts as the lead point of contact within the organization to deliver outstanding customer service
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with National customers at all levels of the organization and influence decision makers within various disciplines at the customer (engineering, purchasing, quality, and manufacturing) to build and maintain rapport with customer decision makers to provide extraordinary customer service and identify new business opportunities.
- Execute sales strategy to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals.
- Understand customer business strategy, decision-making process, and customer culture to develop a path for negotiating and closing new business opportunities.
- Conduct sales presentations, product demonstrations, and coordinate the development of bid proposals and quotes.
- Gather and share competitive information with appropriate internal departments and assist with customer retention by being aware of competitive situations and proposing counter strategies to defend and gain market share.
- Effectively use all CRM and business tools to communicate and to update internal stakeholders on account activity.
- Seek out and collaborate with the AGI team to bring the best product and technical expertise to the National accounts
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other departments to resolve issues, customer concerns and complaints.
- Assist in development of sales and marketing budget and subsequently ensures adherence to the budget numbers.
- Complete and maintain sales reports, forecasts, and customer data.
- Track, submit and audit sales transactions and follows up on customer concerns as needed.
- Contribute to positive Company image, supports regional and national trade shows and markets.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Engineering, Business, or Agriculture.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in sales of engineered products to large enterprise customer accounts preferably in the agricultural, construction, or industrial manufacturing markets.
- Proven track record of building sales and driving market growth through organic growth.
- Effective negotiation and analytical business selling skills, including experience in prospecting, quoting, closing profitable new business, and negotiating large contracts and long-term agreements.
- Ability to make independent decisions or determine when to seek assistance from peers or supervisor.
- Ambition to exceed sales goals and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Strong business analysis capabilities
- Strong project management capabilities
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively present to the Senior Leadership Team
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving environment
- Open and willing to travel globally
- Advanced skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD
- Preferred understanding of Salesforce data system and other IT systems.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.