AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
This role will be responsible to inspect, maintain, test, and repair AGI SureTrack CMC’s hazard monitoring and grain cable systems in the field or at the factory by applying knowledge of mechanical and electrical (primarily low voltage) principles in determining the cause of equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. The Field Service Technician will provide skilled mechanical and electrical support to all areas of field operations.
The Field Service Electrical Technician will report directly to our Customer Success and Service Manager, and be accountable for repairing CMC’s products and inspecting CMC’s systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and low voltage electrical equipment, including, but not limited to programmable controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, test equipment, gate controllers, Hazard Monitoring and Grain Management systems.
- Plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical and mechanical theories and principles, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Install, start, and shut down equipment in accordance with AGI SureTrack CMC’s and our customer’s safety procedures and in line with OSHA and NFPA requirements.
- Work and adhere to the utmost of safety standards at all times.
- Provide field safety inspections of CMC Hazard Monitoring and Grain Cable systems.
- Provide training classes on proper installation and safe operations of our systems.
- Promote the AGI SureTrack CMC brand in an articulate manner.
- Possess leadership and excellent project management skills.
- Act professionally in AGI SureTrack CMC’s and the customer’s best interests always.
- Advise operators and operations managers of proper procedures and requirements for working safely with AGI SureTrack CMC equipment and components.
- Maintain required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting and minor repairs.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Field work and travel of up to 50% per month.
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent experience in a technical field is required.
- Experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Computer experience/operation and basic PLC programming are necessary.
- Must have good writing and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances are required.
- Ability to climb overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Must be highly safety conscious.
- Ability to promote the CMC brand in an articulate manner.
- Leadership skills.
- Must have clean driving record.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.