Ag Growth International (AGI) is a Canadian based food infrastructure company. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving company growth by generating awareness and sales in the company’s digital and technology-based market solutions and engaging with producers to assure successful development and applications of products in the market. This position will represent and grow the SureTrack, Compass, Farmobile, STORM, and NECO automation systems from the AGI catalogue within the assigned geography. The main function of the role is to work directly with progressive producers on farm to grow sales and revenues of the technology based AGI brands. The FTM will be responsible for building long term, profitable relationships with key farm producers (AGI Ambassadors).
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, you will work with a dynamic team of sales professionals to build long term, profitable relationships with key farm producers.
- Direct selling AGI’s technology portfolio on farm and through retail channels.
- Participate in the development of dealer and producer-based sales plans that will focus on the growth of the technology products within the AGI catalogue, including SureTrack, Compass, STORM and NECO automation systems.
- Represent, market, and support the technology based AGI products (mentioned above) and nurture the business relationship with key farm producers and dealers.
- Ensure strong, continued business from established AGI Ambassadors and seek to identify opportunities on farm within his/her designated market area with new farm producers.
- Establish a detailed farm call program including the development of written proposals, such as producer business plans, to take advantage of all opportunities within a designated market area.
- Log opportunities and producer profiles in Salesforce.
- Establish, maintain, and nurture a strong relationship with the AGI Territory Sales Manager (TSM) to identify targeted producer opportunities within the corresponding geography. The relationship between the FTM and the TSM should be complimentary and synergistic as information, including business plans, are shared.
- Conduct producer seminars and dealer training events, both live and web-based, to promote the technology based AGI product lines to support the dealer network and to gain new AGI Ambassadors.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with dealers and producers to maximize market penetration of all AGI products.
- Maintain a broad product background and knowledge of AGI products; as well as corresponding competitive products and offers.
- Represent AGI at regional trade shows and farmer-based seminars, meetings, and conventions.
- Provide support to AGI management by representing the company in their respective market area - providing a strong presence in business, social and community affairs.
- Establish a large social media (primarily Twitter) presence and following of agricultural producers and industry persons.
- Support the AGI management, administrative, engineering, and operational staff as they pursue their specific goals – be a team player.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma, preference in Agriculture.
- Preference given to candidates with 2-5+ years with on-farm selling experience with a focus on Agricultural technology
- Background in using digital remote technology in a variety of business sectors with preference for Ag industry experience.
- Strong business and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Possess a sense of urgency to recognize sales leads and pursue them to completion.
- Ability to determine and provide fact-based solutions for customers.
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Well organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Territory management experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Background in agriculture and experience in technology sales is key, but not mandatory.
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM platforms.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer.