Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Support Specialist - Agriculture is the front line primary contact with our customers and product end users, attending to their queries and concerns, providing them with information, and taking their product orders. The role is responsible for the accurate and timely updating of the computer system, relative to Westeel’s current ERP system.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Answering telephone queries from customers, including faxes and e-mail.
- Order entry function, ensuring the accuracy of both product code entered, pricing and shipping details.
- Entering credits/debits into the system as may be necessary, after prior approval.
- Recording customers concerns or issues into the Quality module in Westeel’s current ERP system.
- Assume overall prime responsibilities for specified major customers, and/or geographic areas.
- Managing customers’ orders relative to Westeel’s ship schedules.
- Creation of operational paperwork upon customer verification of the shipping date.
- Perform various administrative duties specific to the position.
- Support and communication with external sales team.
- Provide quotes where necessary on standard product.
- Communicate with Planning and/or Shipping regarding customer specific needs relating to LTL or full load shipments.
- Attend production meetings as required.
- Attending various trade shows as required.
- Respond to technical questions regarding the customer’s Purchase Order and invoice.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Be able to identify areas for improvement.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Must have sound agricultural knowledge.
- Minimum 1-year customer support experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent customer support skills.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of SAP system would be an asset.