AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI has established their new Regional office in SEA in mid-2020 to enhance their presence in the South East Asia & Oceania Region. Ag Growth International (Thailand) Ltd. located in Bangkok is the Regional Headquarters taking care of South East Asia, Oceania, Japan and South Korea. AGI Thailand can provide sales support, technical support and after-sale service and spare parts assistance to all our customers in the region. With the establishment of this office, we are closer to our customers and can serve them better and more efficiently.
The AGI brand as well as our product brands are among the most recognized in global agriculture; in some cases, with more than 160 years of industry experience. Our history of success and international esteem is yet another reason the AGI advantage has you covered.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for lead generation and for delivering on the key performance measures, as per the regional strategic plan set out for growth.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, SEA, you will work closely with the wider business development team to build and strengthen relationships and achieve the regional sales and business development goals.
- Responsible for sales revenue and lead generation in SEA region.
- Accountable for delivering on the key performance measures, as per the SEA Strategic Plan set out for growth KPI including Win Rate, Revenue, and EBITDA Profitable Growth.
- Search for new agents in the region and develop existing agents to grow the business.
- Responsible for key account management and relationship building for large corporates.
- Develop a clear marketing strategy (exhibitions, seminars, events, workshops, magazines etc.) in cooperation with agents.
- Active technical and commercial support to Agents for large projects (sales strategy, definition of the project requirements, product/ solutions, quotation, presentations, contract negotiations, closure & order quality etc.).
- Help define quote specifications and scope of the quote documentation for the projects and ensure price quality.
- Support project managers to facilitate contact with customers during project execution.
- Ensure accounts receivables for sales from all customers for sales.
- Maintain all enquiries in Salesforce with updated status.
- Act as a liaison between between headquarter and agents.
- Stay updated on the market including competitors, thereby helping to develop market in SEA.
- Develop the Single Machine Business (SMB) strategy with agents in the region
- Prepare strategy to develop CS business in the region.
- Propose price strategy with information from the market.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 10 years of leadership function in technical sales in capital goods industry.
- Ability to lead teams regionally & deliver successful results.
- Track record of driving growth and building strong agents & customer relationship in technical products.
- Good understanding and experience with Agriculture/Grain Processing industry and sales of capital goods and investment projects.
- Strong technical background with solution selling
- High level of independence with good analytical capabilities.
- Excellent and proven sales track record
- Result driven, independent and target oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including good oral and written English and the ability to deliver effective and engaging presentations.
- Ability to solve problems with existing resources
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office applications
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email Rustom.Mistry@aggrowth.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.