AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain, and feed systems, and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting-edge solutions that leverage IoT-enabled devices, sensor technology, and cloud computing. The AGI Digital product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real-time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain-based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers, and Food Processors, AGI Digital is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
The Ag-Tech Sales Representative is responsible for expanding our dealer and direct sales Digital Ag footprint by achieving sales targets, managing customer accounts, generating product demand, and providing technical sales support for our dealers and end users daily. The Ag-Tech Sales Representative will have a proven ability to lead through influence in a complex matrix environment. The Ag-Tech Sales Representative will work collaboratively across the organization as a major contributor/leader among peer groups and will build a diverse team of industry influencers that reflects the marketplace; lives AGI’s Digital Ag values and is accountable for dealer & direct growth through sales and effective leadership. Flagship products include:
- Bin Manager - the cornerstone of a system that integrates hardware, software and IoT sensors in order to constantly monitor, manage, and automate moisture level and temperature changes inside your bins.
- Farmobile - collects agronomic and machine data from nearly any modern equipment. This data empowers farmers to participate in carbon and water credit markets, drive meaningful claims on sustainable sourcing, and scale adoption and impact of positive environmental practices.
- CMC - hazard monitoring and grain storage management systems to the grain, feed, and milling industries. CMC develops systems built around advanced digital technology that can be utilized easily and cost effectively while improving process efficiency and safety.
The Digital Ag Sales Representative will report directly to the Nebraska Digital Ag Sales Lead. This critical role will work closely with the US Farm GSS and Portable Sales Managers as well as our Dealer Development Director to champion and build a dealer and direct sales strategy that is focused on business growth while sustaining AGI Digital Ag’s strong customer focus.
- Builds and implements a strategy to grow AGI’s Digital Ag dealer/direct partnerships while supporting the platforms and profitability.
- Responsible for strategically achieving sales targets and objectives.
- Manages performance through key performance indicators; assists in ensuring dealer activity meets objectives and is accountable to meeting sales goals.
- Grows and strengthens AGI’s Digital Ag relationships with dealer and Industry partners.
- Aligns sales objectives with AGI’s Digital Ag dealer business strategy through active participation in dealer development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Delivers technical support on integrated Digital Ag solutions to dealers and end-users.
- Delivers specific support on integrated crop solutions to key growers directly and/or indirectly through partnerships with dealers and other industry influencers.
- Coordinates efforts between AGI Digital Ag dealers, GSS partners and internal partners such as engineering, sales, training, and production teams to improve and grow the business. Passes leads along to sales peers within the territory to promote AGI product sales in the state.
- Develop solutions that best addresses the needs of the dealer & direct network, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary stakeholders.
- Performs on farm presentations directly to growers to sell Digital Ag products that support cost of operation reductions and improve profitability.
- Engages local schools, FFA, and other groups to educate them on the values and benefits of Digital Ag solutions to help growers improve their operations by use of these tools.
- Attends trade shows, local fairs, and other events to promote AGI Digital Ag products.
- Works with Dealers to develop and perform lunch and learns for growers where demonstrations on Digital Ag products and other AGI products will be marketed.
- Responsible for first-level dealer staff training on AGI Digital solutions. Assists in coordinating dealer support for training, conferences, grain schools, trade shows, and team activities.
- Responsible for follow up with growers who have invested in AGI Digital Ag products to provide training, ensure proper use of their Digital Ag products, and educate them on future opportunities.
- Maintain positive and productive relations with potential and existing customers and other industry contacts.
- Fosters meaningful relationships across all partnership networks, connecting and building rapport with key business executives and decision makers.
- Fosters a culture of accountability, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Optimizes new and existing revenue opportunities across AGI’s Digital Ag and all AGI product lines.
- Achieve sales goals by product and region as set out in the annual budget.
- Ensures End User and Dealer development growth for AGI Digital Ag products.
- Controls relevant expenses to the extent of approved budget.
- Stays informed of current industry trends and new business development opportunities.
- Does direct market research to understand the needs of local growers and works with Sales leadership to develop product marketing strategies to support market needs.
- Collects market information on dealers & partners, retail locations, growers, prices, trends, etc. through sales management system.
- Recommends to and assists the AGI senior team with the analysis of new product lines.
- Compiles, analyzes, and communicates dealer, direct and partnership statistics.
- Evaluates dealer effectiveness by product lines, accounts, and recommends improvements.
- Gathers competitive intelligence for strategic analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Post-Secondary Degree preferred in business, engineering, or agriculture related field sales and or customer service experience.
Experience: 1-2 years relevant experience in agricultural sales, dealer sales, or technical account management or customer service. For the right person with a great attitude, drive to succeed, and strong integrity, we will invest in you and train for your success.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to travel as required in meeting essential duties and responsibilities. 60%-70%
- Valid state Driver’s License required.
- Motivated to succeed, personal initiative and ability to set and achieve challenging goals.
- Needs to be comfortable doing presentations with and on Digital equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of Digital Ag products that help growers.
- Demonstrated ability to grow relationships and expand product platform footprints.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to administer multiple projects, prioritize workload, and effectively manage resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to prepare product presentation materials and articulate technical information in a polite, confident, relationship building way.
- Ability to communicate technical product information to dealers, customers, growers, and agronomists.
- Some evening or weekend work as required by dealer demands and/or seasonality typical to agriculture.
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are advantageous.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Business Analysis and Project Management Capabilities.
- Effective collaborator across the AGI team.
- Ability to recommend to and assist the AGI team with the analysis of new product lines.
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving environment.
Software Application and Technical Knowledge:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred understanding of Salesforce data system and other IT systems.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.