AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Today, AGI’s product portfolio also includes cutting edge solutions that leverage IoT enabled devices, sensor technology and cloud computing. The AGI SureTrack product is an independent hardware and software platform that brings together data across the farm, in real time, and provides customers with the ability to manage their crop production, manage their overall business, and market their grain based on content and robust traceability. With a customer base that includes Growers, Ag Retail, Grain Buyers and Food Processors, AGI SureTrack is an independent farm operating platform, with supply chain visibility and complete crop management.
AGI - Mitchell Mill Systems manufactures equipment for use in feed, grain, pet food, fish food, fertilizer, seed cleaning and industrial facilities. We also fabricate our own line of material handling equipment and specialty systems using light and heavy gauge mild and stainless-steel materials. Our engineering team are experts at designing specialty equipment for situations when standard products are just not available on the market.
The AGI - Michell Mill Systems road crew team is actively seeking a Millwright Foreman candidate to join our growing road crew, a division of AGI. Under the direction of a Project Manager, you will lead and manage skilled labor and work crews engaged in all job duties concerned with the millwright activities of the project, ranging from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems.
- Ensure compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures and contractual commitments with the bound of all applicable policies
- Leads and controls skilled labor and work crews engaged in all activities concerned with the millwright activities (rigging, piping, welding, demo/install, etc.) of the project.
- Supervise work performed on systems ranging in difficulty from basic conveyor systems to complex industrial production systems
- Assemble machinery and equipment before installation using hand and power tools and welding
- Adjust; repair or replace defective parts on machinery applicable to job scope
- Install, align, dismantle, rig and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the works.
- Able to demonstrate good organizational skills, following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
- Communicate at a minimum daily with Mitchell Mill Systems Project Manager through completion of job.
- Conduct daily job hazard analysis for each job with the project and ensure all customer required permits are complete prior to starting any work
- Conduct daily toolbox meeting with workforce including all subcontractors.
- This list is to be considered a base line and not all inclusive of tasks that may be required; Mitchell Mill Systems will continue to streamline and update.
- High School Diploma, GED, or similar equivalent education required.
- Experience working in heavy industrial and construction environments
- Experience with forklifts, aerial lifts and other heavy equipment
- Verifiable experience supervising members of a project team as well as managing on-site project activities, scheduling and reporting
- OSHA 30, Welding Certifications, Aerial Lift License, Forklift License, First Aid/AED licenses preferred
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and lifts to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Work at heights
- Skills to supervise project team as well as managing all on-onsite project activities, scheduling and reporting
- Ensure all paperwork, receipts and timesheets are complete, accurate and submitted on a timely basis
- Maintain an orderly, clean and safe worksite
- Maintain and follow DOT regulations applicable to Mitchell Mill Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to successfully interact with employees and clients professionally
- Commitment to safety and environment
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines
- Willing to travel sometimes for extended periods
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the “Apply Today” button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line. If you are in the Joplin, MO area please feel free to fill out an application at the facility AGI - Mitchell Mill Systems, 927 S Schifferdecker Ave.| Joplin, Missouri USA 64801
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.