AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,000 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Following and implementing best practice Project Management methodologies, the Senior Project Manager will be the main point of communication guiding projects through the entire customer experience process and will be responsible for scope, budget, and schedule management.
The Senior Project Manager will report directly to the Vice President and General Manager, Food and work directly with the customer, internal teams, and 3rd party partners and vendors to manage and drive multiple projects in a Food manufacturing setting
- Lead major project initiatives. The responsibilities would include interpreting all project requirements during the hand-off from the Sales/Applications Engineering process and then developing and executing a project execution plan
- Develop and maintain project plans and coordinate all major project activities; track critical path milestones, accomplishments, and results. Ensure that end-to-end project planning, risk identification, dependency tricking, issues identification / escalation, and change management are being managed appropriately utilizing best practice project management standards
- Build relationships with senior leaders and other Program/Project owners; Interact with, prepare materials for, and present to Senior Management as required
- Provide guidance to and mentor other team members
- Oversee and direct projects from Sales handover through commissioning and startup.
- Effectively communicate and guide projects through the entire process.
- Work directly with the sales team to develop project costs and project development timelines
- Provide feedback within the quoting process
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Deliver projects on-time and under budget
- Manage the customer
- Provide leadership through influence to supporting functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales and manufacturing.
- Support on-site installations and 3rd party contractors
- Submit product improvement ideas thru the ECR process
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve emerging ones
- Collaborate with engineers, millwrights, suppliers etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Participate in design and print reviews to establish project approval requirements
- Pull dimensions and navigate 2D drawings and 3D models
- Analyze, manage, communicate, and mitigate risks
- Execute Change orders in timely fashion
- Identify and implement cost reduction and continuous improvement opportunities at various levels of the production process, and participate in lean events as assigned
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Understand customer requirements and communicate these requirements to all team members
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-10+ years of relevant industry experience in Project Management in a Food Manufacturing or Capital Equipment/Projects environment. PMP Certification is a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of FDA and USDA food equipment and design standards.
- Understanding food plant Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), area designations, clean design requirements and the impact to process and equipment layout designs.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Qualified applicant will have superior communication skills and attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to work independently.
- Requires good interpersonal skills.
- Superior Mechanical Aptitude
- Strong Business Analysis capabilities
- Strong Project Management Capabilities
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ability to balance Strategic Thinking with Tactical Execution
- Ability to thrive & grow in a continuously evolving environment
- Advanced skills with: Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project
- Basic knowledge in AutoCAD
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.