Paint Supervisor – Day Shift
AGI VIS is a division of Ag Growth International located in Oak Bluff, MB. We are a leading manufacturer of grain, feed and fertilizer handling, storage and conditioning equipment.
We work closely with our customers to provide innovative and effective design solutions for their operation, while building strong relationships as well as quality products.
We are currently looking for a Paint Supervisor to join our Production Team on the day shift.
This position is responsible for supervising, coordinating workflow and supporting the team members who work in the paint department. They will provide knowledge and expertise in the different techniques and application of paint and protective coatings.
This is a permanent full-time position that reports directly to the Assembly Manager.
- Complete tasks while adhering to Health & Safety policies and procedures and ensure the work environment is safe, secure, and healthy for team members
- Ensure all employees are complying with all safety rules and procedures and received necessary training
- Oversee the blast and paint booth operations, trouble shooting issues within the area and Organize daily work for team members and ensure that the work areas have the necessary tools and material to complete the jobs
- Coach and collaborate with team members, taking a hands-on approach to ensure that they are producing quality product, efficiently and safely
- Perform regular quality inspections on the work being performed within designated area, to ensure that issues are caught and addressed effectively
- Be a ‘go to’ for all team members within the area and answer questions and concerns in a positive and constructive manner
- Provide leadership, direction, and hands-on training to team members to ensure that they can do their jobs successfully and meet department targets
- Maintain a working knowledge of company safety policies and operational procedures and adhere to enforcing best practices within the team
- Assist in providing constructive feedback for employee performance reviews, and address employee concerns with Production Management and Human Resources as necessary
- Oversee housekeeping within the area and ensure that things are organized before the next shift arrives
- Work closely with management to improve processes and efficiency within the paint department to reduce rework of painted parts
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Maintain and lead ongoing lean management and 5S projects within the area
- Oversee paint inventory items and work with leadership to address upcoming needs
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years in a team lead or supervisory role within a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years in paint application and metal fabrication
- Significant knowledge and experience using different application techniques
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to learn our product lines and technical requirements
- Ability to read and understand job order specifications and blueprints
- Conflict resolution skills and the ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Results orientated and ability to work as part of a functional team
- Previous experience operating a forklift would be ideal
- Previous experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing would be considered an asset
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can submit their resume and cover letter by clicking ‘Apply Now’.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why AGI VIS
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive group benefit plan
- Team atmosphere
- Development Opportunities