As the Westeel Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing all manufacturing departments including production, production support, purchasing, maintenance & facilities, and manufacturing engineering. Your 120,000 ft2vertically integrated facility includes steel roll-forming equipment, brake-press equipment for fabrication, manual welding, powder coat painting, assembly, and shipping departments. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this position plays a key role in meeting overall plant performance for Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Operational planning and action implementation to meet yearly business goals and longer-term strategic targets
- Participate in weekly planning and monitoring sessions between production and product management to ensure customer on-time weekly delivery targets are met
- Implement cost effective systems of control to minimize COGS and maximize GM
- Drive completion of Capital Expenditure budgets
- Actively participate in Lean, Safety, Human Resource, and Quality improvement sessions
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to management and supervisory staff
- Facilitate plant Lean manufacturing implementation & sustainment including Kanban, TPM, Flow, Standard Work, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, and Setup Reduction
- Develop/maintain positive employee relations & resolution of employee concerns
- Significant manufacturing industry background, preferably in steel fabrication, with at least 5 to 7 years’ experience in a Senior Production or Operations Management role
- Experience/understanding of Lean manufacturing & Continuous Improvement processes
- An effective communicator, leader, and trainer who can work with all levels of management and non-supervisory employees to execute the responsibilities of this role
- Able to exercise good judgment and initiative
- Post-secondary engineering/agriculture/commerce degree or equivalent experience
Salary and benefits will be dependent on skills, experience, and qualifications. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.