AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
As a Storage Operator, you are responsible to visually inspect machines before each shift, ensure machines are well-maintained, and operate machines in a safe and efficient manner. You are also required to maintain a daily production log, inspect the products being created before they are shipped to customers, and ensure the overall quality of the products. Your role also entails installing, aligning tooling, and setting the depth of the press for material to make a properly made conforming product.
Reporting directly into the Production Supervisor, this role is a part of the Operations team working collaboratively to achieve the set targets.
- Adjust machine parts as needed to ensure proper speed, pressure, temperature, and amount of materials for quality production.
- Monitor and control machines on a daily basis to maintain daily and weekly production schedule.
- Complete quality checks and paperwork every day to maintain production and industry regulations and company standards.
- Ensure work environment remains safe, uncluttered, clean, and well-maintained by performing maintenance and general janitorial duties throughout shift as time allows.
- Look over all work orders and instructions to see which machines, parts, and materials are needed to complete orders.
- Troubleshoot: maintain assigned machines and equipment as needed for maximum product quality and operational efficiency.
- High School Diploma or GED required; 1+ year of machine press operation experience required.
- General manufacturing knowledge.
- General computer experience- with basic programing experience preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, measuring tapes, micrometers, and calipers required.
- Flexibility – Ability to understand different jobs and to have a willingness to be cross-trained.
- Cooperative – Wants to be a team player and do what is best for the company, their department, and their peers.
- Initiative – Self-starter; ability to work with minimum supervision; looks for new and better ways to do the job; contributes to the work of the department. Meets or exceeds production requirements daily.
- Quality – Accuracy, thoroughness: attention to detail, completeness of work; adequacy of results. Understands the product requirements of the parts being produced and produces product to specification.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to carry out assigned duties without injury to self or others; adhere to safety procedures; maintains orderly work area
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend technical topics, prints, and jobs. Ability to read a print, measure product to specifications.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. Consistently at work on time each and every day.
- 5S Awareness – Understands the facilities 5S guidelines and maintains area daily to meet these standards.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is consistently required to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
Note: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, overhead cranes, and forklifts moving heavy materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high and the employee is consistently required to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.