AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
AGI/MFS is proud to be part of the Grand Island and central Nebraska region for almost 50 yrs. AGI/MFS provides products and solutions for grain storage, handling and conditioning locally and worldwide. Our roots are from a local family business that has grown to become global leader. Most of our employees have lived in the Tri City region their entire lives and are committed to keeping Nebraska strong through these difficult times.
We are actively seeking to fill a Shipping Lead role. This role will be responsible for material handling, forklift operation, and assisting supervisor(s) and other leads.
Reporting directly into the Production Supervisor, this role is a part of the Operations team working collaboratively to help AGI MFS achieve its goals.
- Ensure that operators remain at their designated machines, and that they are focused on producing parts.
- Ensure that operators have material at their machines to perform their jobs.
- Follow company safety rules in accordance with OSHA regulations such as: wearing (PPE) safety shoes, goggles, and ear plugs. Ensure that the area complies with all OSHA standards.
- Follow all aspects of the company’s 5-s and Preventive Maintenance programs (PM’s) Check daily to ensure that employees are following the programs, and that they are filling out the proper documentation.
- Responsible for area cleanliness.
- Move completed parts, utilizing various lifting or transport equipment from table, and deliver the parts to designated areas. Remove scrap metal from department at end of shift.
- Work with employees to handle problems with production.
- Work individually or in teams to complete work.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Focus on Lean Manufacturing and inventory control.
- Must be willing to be certified in CPR.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; 1 year experience and/or certification required; lead experience preferred.
- General manufacturing knowledge
- Flexibility – Ability to understand different jobs and to have a willingness to be cross-trained.
- Cooperative – Wants to be a team player and do what is best for the company, their department, and their peers.
- Initiative – Self-starter; ability to work with minimum supervision; looks for new and better ways to do the job; contributes to the work of the department. Meets or exceeds production requirements daily.
- Quality – Accuracy, thoroughness: attention to detail, completeness of work; adequacy of results. Understands the product requirements of the parts being produced and produces product to specification.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to carry out assigned duties without injury to self or others; adhere to safety procedures; maintains orderly work area
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend technical topics, prints, and jobs. Ability to read a print, measure product to specifications.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. Consistently at work on time each and every day.
- 5S Awareness – Understands the facilities 5S guidelines and maintains area daily to meet these standards.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
Note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently required to lift up to 75 pounds in a variety of awkward positions, while bending, stooping, or standing to perform work overhead, and stand for long periods of time.
How To Apply
Apply today! Click the Apply Today button above or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume and note the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue in the interview process will be contacted.
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.